1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

need advice for sending my daughter to scl

Discussion in 'Indians in Seattle' started by sonia, Nov 11, 2006.

1. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Hello All,

I just moved to Seattle,WA . My daughter is now 4 yrs. So , I m planning to send her scl . We enquired abt scls here in Seattle but they r saying $ 750 per mnth.But as per my knowledge its very costly as my frnds in Cleveland r sending their kids in scl and that is very cheap than this.

So,can u gals help me in this matter by telling me that in which scl (private or some church scl or some other) I shd send my daughter.OR in WA this is the fee level.

plz help me by ur experience.

thanx very much.
    Sonia

2. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

hello ladies,

no response frm urs side,ladies who r in USA and sending their kids scl plz help me.

thanks in advance.

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Re Schools

Hi Sonia,

Welcome to the west coast. Preschools here cost that much. Most preschools are either montesori plus day care or part of a private school that goes up to 8th or 12th grade. All private schools do charge about 700 dollars for Half day preschool 5 days a week. The amount will go up if you are looking for a full day option. There is no public school option for 4 yr olds.

Hope this helps
    Vandhana

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

preschool

Dear Sonia

My son has just turned 4.I am sending him to a Montessori pre-k class 5 days a week.Timings are from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm.I pay $ 575 a month.That is actually a bit cheap.Most schools in my area charge $600 + for half day preschool.For full day,it works out to anything between $ 700 to $ 900.

5. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

pre scl

hello vandana and sunitha,

thank you so much for d inforation.
    I want to ask one more thing that are pre scls here like play scls in India .I MEAN NO MUCH STUDY AND ACTIVITIES LIKE DRAWING ETC ONLY.

thank you so much once agn.

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

it depends

Dear Sonia

I was sending my son earlier to a preschool which was attached to the community center here for about 2-3 mnths.There,it was more like a playschool only,drawing,artwork,etc.

This montessori school has its own way of teaching kids-which is, I think, called the montessori form of education.Everything is based on a practical approach to learning.Frankly,I am sending him to the pre-school only for him to pick up the English language and for him to learn to interact with kids his age.He knew his alphabets,numbers and how to write them even before going to school.I personally feel he is learning a lot at school too.

7. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Thanx Agn

hi sunitha,

thanx agn.

yeah I also want to send my daughter for learning language only. but I wanted to know abt scls here.

thanx so much.

8. seemaasnani

seemaasnani New IL'ite

hey! what do you mean by SCL?

Last edited: May 4, 2013