1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Navratri brought me memories of teenage days

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 15, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

During my teenage days we were in Hyderabad. Everyone used to have Golu with more than 5 steps nicely decorated , having park etc. Once my cousin sister had made their building which was called Vanaparthi blocks with Card Board. It was a big one.

Those times all girls used to have long hair and during Navratri we used to keep plat our hair with Tazambu and keep lot of Jasmine flowers. Dress up nicely with pavadai blouse and go for haldi kumkum to everyone's house. Now many people dont have time to celebrate the festivals because of hectic life.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Very nice Viji Akka!
    I remember thazhambu! Nice soft aroma. Even magizhambu used to be strewn beneath the trees. I loved them both. I don't know if they are available now.
    Yes I miss golu and deepavali here...

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji amma,

It really is a feast to eyes to see young girls in our traditional pavadi sattai with malli poo in their hair, colorful bangles, anklets, during the festive season. I always enjoy dressing up my girls in this way whenever i get a chance, be it festival or simply going to the temple. Thank you for such a nice post.

Akila

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala andAkila

Glad to know that you both liked the posts. Akila good you dress up your daughters in south indian style
    love
    vii

5. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, I also remember the evenings when we used to wear pavadai jacket and ask my mother to put long plait with kunjalam, deck ourselves with our costume jewellery and make visits to all colony friends's house...

Thanks for bringing back old time memories ma....

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Glad to know I brought back your old memories

love
    viji