Navrathri day 5 ! Maha shashti !

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Chokkanayaki, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Chokkanayaki

Chokkanayaki Silver IL'ite

A trip down memory lane during this time of the year. AAAAHA ! is a smooth sail....a voyage that is not real and yet is so satisfying,a virtual tour that tales me to a state of total bliss.......and so, I wouldn't mind reliving my childhood days,a million times in the form of my posts . :)

I am back with my thoughts for today ,a little late though.....A depression
    can be so depressing.As I woke up to the the sound of thunder,I could also see streaks of lightning through my window.It has been raining incessantly for the past couple of days....a real dampener indeed.Life has been thrown out of gear and a water tank up above has a gaping hole I fear.I was set to supervise Navrathri celebrations indoors and with nothing much to do, I set about doing what I love to do the best,,,,DREAM !:lol:

Ma said.."Dear girl ! it is Mahashoshti today.Can you please go and invite all our friends ?Let us have the real Golu Kondattam from today ."Nayaki was excited.She was thrilled.She was all set to release a new dress each day from Shoshti till Vijayadashami.

In the meantime Nayaki's friends had assembled already."Oh ! Can you please come soon...We are going to hop and Ekdalia is going to be the first stop.The pandals will be very crowded from tomorrow onwards.Let us have the first glimpse today," shouted the pretty Gariahat citizens.Even before Ma had given the permission ,the girls had dissappeared....It was just the beginning of four road days ahead... :party

Today Pattu Mami has built a small pandal at home sans Chanda/Vasool....Its a creative effort of two generations......and the PUJA FEVER has begun.I am miles away from the happening zone and yet the fervour seems to be the same.

My Golu theme for the year 2012 is based on the Durga Pujo.Five brass lamps(KUTHIVILAKKUS ) have been adorned in finery and decked in jewellery to resemble Durga,Lakshmi,Saraswathi.Karthik and Ganesha......It is Maha Shoshti today and my idols have come to life.....& .Sarbojoniyo Iyer Durgo Pujo welcomes you all .......:thumbsup

2. Rajchappeta

Rajchappeta New IL'ite

For information on Skanda sashti and year wise Sashti dates, for any hindu related queries visit Sakalam.org