Mystery Shopping

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by griget, Jan 26, 2012.

1. griget

griget Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

any one has experience working as a secret agent for shops like walmart, westeren union.

please let me know what are the advantages and disadvantages of taking this type of work.

2. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

What is a secret agent? Can you clarify

3. griget

griget Bronze IL'ite

if we want to work as mystery shopper we will go to the shop that was assigned for us and with out the shop owners or workers knowledge we will look around how they are working and all that stuff and give a detailed report on them without their knowledge.

i don't have complete knowledge on what to give as report thats why i am asking if any one has that type of work experience

4. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

It's not a very complicated task... You just be honest when assessing and filling out the report.......
    Usually they will give you a questionnaire about the things which you have to keep in mind while in the shop. Later , you can fill the questionnaire online.

Regards,
    Ansu

5. griget

griget Bronze IL'ite

ansu,

do you have experience in such type of work? what i mean is have you worked like this before.

6. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

My previous company was into mystery shopping, surveys etc... we have developed a mystery shopping tool, so have good idea about how it works...

Regards,
    Ansu

7. griget

griget Bronze IL'ite

Ansu,

Any idea how much they will pay and can i give my information to them like my full name , address, phone numbers. how can i know are they genuine or not.

Thanks in advance

8. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

In India, there is some company called Bare which conducts Mystery shopping. They take your demographic info, age and other details to classify the reviews based on age, area and other factors.

They pay generally based on the survey and the target company. One of my friend is an active participant and she gets varied assignments like trying out a beauty product or reviewing a restaurant etc. Once she had to review some cosmetics from an international brand. She was reimbursed for the products she purchased (they specify which to buy) and also Rs.200 for the review.

9. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Depends upon the type of work you get to do.... there are works like assessing websites, assessing restaurants, banks etc. I don't know how much they pay in Kenya.
    In Dubai for a simple website visit or phone calls you get 5-15Dhs. For physical visits, it can vary from 50-150 Dhs.

Usually the company will give you some job to test how you do it and if they are satisfied with the report, you can start picking up the job from their website or whatever. If the company is genuine, there is no harm in providing details.

Regards,
    Ansu

10. griget

griget Bronze IL'ite

does by any chance the shop owners will know that we are spying in their shops? After hearing all your responses i want to apply. please answer to the above one too.