1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mystery Of The Misplaced Calcium!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jan 26, 2018.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

@GeetaKashyap - Glad to hear it Geetha. :) After waging and successfully losing my January war with the misbehaving calcium, I have been busy helping my family battle the ever-popular visitor of February, the flu virus. The fact that I did not catch the flu this season was entirely because of the brilliant new rule of our house. Only 2 people can be sick at any given point of time and we MUST take turns. I insisted on that. :clapclap:

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. meenasankaran

Dear Sri Uncle,

I have decided not to apologize to you for peeking into IL once in a blue moon like this because:

1) You must be really tired of hearing my excuses and
    2) I have dibs on your forgiveness as your virtual niece. :)

Our lives are so full of foolish stuff and ridiculous moments that we only have to learn to laugh at them to stay happy. A wise man like you knows it better than anyone, I wager. If I tell you that I shall try to come a bit more often than a yearly visit, please know that I fully mean it today. :tonguewink: Lots of love Sri Uncle.

3. meenasankaran

Thanks Sabitha and a happy New Year to you as well. :smiley:

You want me to hide away my boot and crutches and I see the sense in that. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

But think about this option. I now possess enough Orthopedic material to start a viable rental business. It is with a lot of pride that I share my inventory with you - 1 Universal big boot, 1 universal small boot (My DD broke her toe and got me this new gadget), 2 pairs of crutches, 1 ankle brace, 2 arm slings and get this, ta da, 1 wheelchair. I do hope you will wish me luck in my new business Sabitha. :tonguewink:

Srama likes this.
  4. meenasankaran

Thank you Viswa sir. I am okay now. I am out of the boot and in my ankle brace now. When the doc cleared me to drive last week, all was well with the world once again. :biggrin:

Thoroughly enjoyed your detailed and witty feedback to my post. Espeically 'tell him that your pet has a vet already' made me laugh. :D

5. meenasankaran

Dear Gauri,

Your inventory is almost as good as mine and that worries me. Hope you are not too close to me geographically and more importantly hope you haven't been thinking about opening up a store too. It is nothing personal, my dear. It is just not good for business for either of us. But if, on the other hand, you are miles away from me, I do cheer for your success Gauri. :cheer:

6. meenasankaran

My dear Swati,

Thanks to good wishes from friends like you, I am on the mend now. The process of healing has been entertaining this time. I have met some colorful people in the doctor's office and the physical therapist's office and have had remarkable conversations with them. In fact, I sat down to write about it this morning, but then I remembered that I had yet to acknowledge the comments in IL :nono: so here I am.

As I have broken and torn many a bone and tendon in my body over the years, I wonder what is left for next January? :grinning: The future teases us with much mystery and isn't it just wonderful?

satchitananda likes this.
  7. meenasankaran

Dear Balajee,

It is good to see you after a long time too. What is the fun in crumbling like Mysore pak if one cannot get a few laughs out of it? And when others join me in laughter, I feel like the trouble was worth it. :grinning:

Until you mentioned, I had not thought of my calcium as being respectful. You are so right. Imagine it taking the trouble to travel all the way down to my feet! How sweet! I am not used to such reverence, you see which is why I missed such a grand gesture. Thanks Balajee for opening my eyes. :tearsofjoy:

satchitananda likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Lovely. Reminds me of a friend visiting me in the hospital and inviting me the Cardiac Club of India!!! I could not help smiling. Normally we find visitors with grim faces.