1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Kumudam!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 17, 2008.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti Sir,

Story was short and sweet. I enjoyed it alot.Thanks.

Advance B'day wishes....mine is on 28th april....

2. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

dear varalotti sir,
    thanks for posting the story.nice one...used to read these oru pakkak kadhaigal from kumudham... haiku kavidhaigal maadhiri indha haiku kadhaigalukum ivattrin edhirpaaradha mudivudhan sirappamsam...the end gives u a slight jolt...enjoyed this...

i always used to feel, women put up with a lot of pressure,stress, and even rebuke at work, but start complaining when the same thing happens at home,even in a much lesser degree..why...maybe its the pay, or maybe we feel that atleast at home,we should be ourselves...and feel free to not do something that we don't like...but that i think rarely happens...
    engeyo paditha varigal..."pirandha veetil dhaan oru penn avalaaga irukkiral"...forgot where i read this...

as to the episode in Sri Ramanuja's life, i too have heard this story and how Ramanuja was deeply pained about the insult to Tirukkachi Nambigal...
    even now, in the Srivaishnava Mutts, after a meal is served, the ladies have to clean the place...there are no servants to do this job, and the ladies only do it...even i have flinched when i first saw this practice, but now i have reconciled...
    however, when we have come a long way from the simple mud floors of yore,and have concrete and tile, why do the mutts stick to cowdung...we have even powerful germicides now like lizol, so why not change...i think the mutts may have more volunteers for this job if this implemented...:)

3. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the translation BF. Hats off to you. You have the knack of taking an everyday occurrence & converting it into a short story.

Hope to read more (English translated) witty & thought provoking posts from you.

Regards,

L

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

A nicely written story!
    Thankyou so much for the translated version.!
    Ironically I have seen a lot of such people . But if I have to quote a very well known personality I guess I shall say ,the Father of the nation, Gandhiji. There was a reel life depiction recently on his real life about how he failed miserably to be a good father to his children , whereas he was the FATHER of the NATION!
    Sometimes I am really amused why people tend to not do small favours at home but would be known as philanthropist of the society!

Love,
    Devika

5. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Story was so good. The reason for her frustration may be she is doing a thankless job at home. It is human tendence to expect some kind of appreciation.
    Meenakshi Rajan

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Vanaja, you do deserve them. The person who first refuses to do such things and is later convinced and does it deserves much more blessings than the person who does it in the very first instance.

regards,

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vandhana,

Nice to see you back in these forums after a while. And happier still to know that you loved the story.

Yes till your generation (or will you be offended if I call it our generation) that kind of disciplining and training was there. I still remember the scene in my village Varalotti. Where "echal ittufying" (EI) will be done with utmost professional excellence.

For some ladies if they complain of serious troubles in their lives, the prescribed treatment will be EI especially in a festival or temple, where the devotees eat.

Chitrai Festival is now on in Madurai. Where Azhagar comes there will be what is known as "sirappu" These are places where food will be served free of cost to all devotees. Doing EI there, they say has almost an therapeutic value.

Of course things are changed. For better or worse, I don't know.
    regards,

8. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Convinced and thanks.

9. vinoran

vinoran Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

Some Junior members like us could not open the attachments. I wanted to read your story badly. So I went to Kumudam site and copied your story and pasted it down.
    I am your ardent fan and I love your writings. Hope this will help some of our Junior members to read.
    Thanks and Best regards
    Vinoran

எச்சில்
    ñ£®Šð® õNò£è ÞøƒA‚ ªè£‡®¼‰î «ð£¶ W› «ð£˜ûQ™ ꇬì Ýó‹Hˆ¶‚ ªè£‡®¼‰î¶.

‘‘ã‹ñ£ ¬ñFL, ꣊H†ì î†ì â´ˆ¶«ó¡. ß ªñ£Œ‚°¶ ð£¼.’’

‘‘Ýñ£ Þ¶‚°ˆî£¡ âƒèŠð£‹ñ£ â¡ùŠ ªðˆ¶ «ð¼ õ„ꣃè÷£‚°‹?’’

ñ¼ñèO¡ °óL™ Þ¼‰î YŸø‹ ⡬ù„ ²†ì¶.

Ü´ˆî õ£ó‹ Ýdv «õ¬ôò£è º‹¬ð «ð£è «õ‡®J¼‰î¶. ÜõêóŠ ðòí‹ â¡ð Mñ£ùˆF™ ®‚ªè† â´ˆF¼‰î£˜èœ.

Mñ£ù‹ A÷‹Hò ªè£…ê«ïóˆF«ô«ò 裬ô„ CŸÁ‡® ªè£´ˆî£˜èœ. ð‚èˆF™ à†è£˜‰F¼‰î ºFòõ¼‚° º®òM™¬ô «ð£™ «î£¡Pò¶. ꣊H†ì¬î ÜŠð®«ò ™ õ£‰F â´ˆ¶M†ì£˜. Mñ£ùŠðEŠªð‡¬í ܬö‚°‹ ªð£ˆî£¬ù ܺ‚A«ù¡. õ‰¶ G¡øõ¬÷Š 𣘈¶ ÜF˜‰¶ «ð£«ù¡. W› «ð£˜û¡ ñ¼ñèœ.

ßóñ£ù ¶E ªè£‡´ õ‰¶ CKˆî ºèˆ¶ì¡ C‰Fò õ£‰F¬òˆ ¶¬ìˆî£œ. ºFòõ˜ ªê£¡ù ï¡P¬òŠ ðE¾ì¡ ãŸÁ‚ªè£‡´ F¼‹Hò Üõ¬÷Š 𣘈¶„ CKŠ¹î£¡ õ‰î¶.

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti
    Thanks for the translation............