1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My s/wDH asking me to accepts his scold & beats because nothing loss in it.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Reesha, Jun 17, 2015.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Shruti...while I do believe that OP is not so disadvantaged in this marriage(again,based on her previous threads),I do not believe in the solution you have given.

As for Op.....

Reesha...is it possible that your husband is insecure about your new job? About his position in the house after you take up this job.
    Is it a promotion for you? Will you be earning more? Was he in favor of you taking up this job?

Is it possible that this recent outburst is in response to this. He seems to take pride in being the primary earner of the family. Some men get insecure and egoistic if that position as the 'king' is under threat.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

There are very many people, perhaps due to not knowing better, bully people get perceive as beneath them - wife/ sister/ dil/ even child. Probably products of dysfunctional families where they themselves have been treated badly and have low self esteem They get a rise out of their meanness and a kick out of having someone at their mercy. It is disturbingly common.

The best is to not engage with those people when they are being cranky. instead of giving the tantrums any weightage, be dismissive of them.

I am chuckling about the debate going on about being a mother.well, the people misbehaving like how you would treat a misbehaving toddler - reward good behaviour and ignore the bad. Such people automatically seem to seem to fall in line! Of course it would only work if people see you being consistently tactful and dignified...

3 people like this.