My retired life has been very interesting so far

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by iyerviji, May 30, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I had worked for 38 lovely years. That time I used to think how I am going to spend my retired life. What I will do sitting at home. Just cooking, eating, sleeping and then going to bed. So boring it is going to be.

I took VRS in 2002 January and till 2004 the children were there. So time went in giving them everything in time and looking after them. Then all my three children got married. Before marriage only we bought a house for my son so that he can lead a comfortabe life with his wife and attend to us whenever we need them. Half the amount we paid from the VRS amount I got and half he paid from loan.

After 2005 only me and my dh were there at home. So we could go to places wherever we got a chance to go.

But once I started retired life it was very interesting. Before me my dh had retired. While working my dh had helped me a lot , taking care of the children,helping me in cooking. So I thought now I should concentrate on taking care of him, by cooking good food and giving him in time. He is also a social worker and goes to help when someone expires. For two years or so I had joined Bhajan class in the evenings once in a week. But later left since my dh has to go for duty any time and if I am not there when he comes back it wont be so good . I should be there to attend to him when he comes home tired.

After retirement we started going to Ganpati temple on Tuesdays and to Navagraha temple on Saturdays. Also to marriages and other religious functions. Whenever any programmes are there like Saptangam, Bhajanotsavam etc. in temple and in the Samajams we go together.

We got opportuntity to go to Dubai and stay with my daughter twice.
    Every year there was some marriage in our family as my dh's family is a large one. So we could attend all the marriages. Last year we got a chance to go to my dh's friend's son's marriage. His friend only arranged for the train tickets and we were about 35 people and enjoyed going to Kerala , also got a chance to go to Guruvayur.

Year before last my two daughters adopted a girl child each and my elder daughter and my grand child were with us for eight months. So enjoyed with my grand daughter. Every day me and my elder daughter used to go to younger daughter's house in the evenings with grand daughter and both the grand daughters used to enjoy playing and we used to be happy seeing them together.

Now both the daughters are outside and only we both are at home. Son and dil are busy with their jobs and meet us whenever necessary or we go to see them.

In 2007 I got an opportunity to join IL through my daughter. From then I am not at all bored of life. Got an opportuntity to learn so much from IL. Now I have become IL worm like book worm. If I go out also I think of IL only. Got an opportunity to win some awards in IL. We are a big family in Coffee Mornings and all share their happiness and sorrows there and everyone is ready to give a helping hand to those who require any help.

Now IL is my second family and enjoy being a part of this wonderful site.

2. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Vijima,

You have written your retired life very well and i like it very much...
    Nice that you are enjoying yourself and uncle is doing social work.
    True that after retirement if we occupy ourself with any kind of work or activity we wont feel been lonely..

So nice of you ma..

3. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

I am the first to give fb today.....

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Uma dear thanks very much for your first and immediate fb. You have made my day by your fb.

5. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

Viji ma it is really a happy thing to read about ur retired happy life,u are so lucky to get things as like around u ma ,

Basically most of the retired seniors doesnt like to mingle with all age group ,but u were diff in thinking mingling with all ,treating all IL as ur relation true from heart .This is not just words viji ma but it is truth.

Being good to all fetches u all good people around u , u r a gud example for those seniors who usually say that they got bored .

I pray for u to get happiness as like now forever viji ma.

6. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Hi vijima

Within this single post you posted your whole life of yours precious moment.Happy to know about your each and everythings in life.So 38 working years of amazing to hear but still i am feeling that your are just very young like us.

you have own a house to your son and divert you in bajans class.happy to know each and every happiness in your life.I know you have enjoyed a lot in dubai trip due to gopika especially.Happy you joined in IL by your daughters and attending marriage and all functions.wow 35 people travelled together in train.it was really an enjoyable incident know.You are taking care your dh a lot and cooking his favorite dishes.so nice of you.Happy to know about that you are a IL worm.offcourse you right .

One morething is you are rocking mom to all IL friends and have lots of fans and i proudly say i am also one of your fan.i am your virtual daughter too:rotfl

All the best for contest and congrat for your past winning achievement:thumbsup

IL is really a wonderful site we are proud to be a part of it:bowdown

Excellent thread with good narration which expresses the reality of life.you have sacrificed many things for your family and lead a happy life for them

Happy to comment this such a valuable thread

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

It is so nice to read a summation of your retired life. Touch wood, you have been able to keep active and have your own life and independence as well as a very social life. Your positive attitude and love of people has kept you going. I pray you have just as active a life in the years to come.

8. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji,

I agree with whatever Soniya has written. You have retired form your office work ony not form your life. You are enjoying the life the way you want to be.

We all have different ideas, hobbies and responsibilities. I am not fully retired form work, but doing part time work, going to college and cooking etc make me so happy.

After reading your thread about your life, I was thinking if I should move to India for few months in a year to have a life like that. Going to temples, wedding and Pujas etc. Who knows???

You made young people understand that Our ( senior) life is not boring.
    we do have our won life and enjoy it well.

Keep it up, Viji.

CL:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

9. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, good to read this gr8 article !!
    Now it is time to do just nothing but relax.
    Glad that your time in Dubai was well spent [​IMG] !!

Your time in Mumbai on Tuesday and Saturday [​IMG]brings you calm and quietness from the mundane routine !!

I am glad that IL brought us all so close to you and everyoe especially in our CM family......thanks to u ma !!

10. Monakumar

Monakumar Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji mam,

Whenever I happen to cross ur posts or comments, I think that how amicably you are dealing things.

Its really wonderful and cheerful to hear your way of spending retirement life.

In life span most of the time we are living for others. Old age is the only period people are leading life for themselves. But you are not old enough, still young keeping engaged in effective and useful manner.

A great appreciation for your participation and contribution in IL, inspite of your other schedules like visiting to temple, attending marriages, going for spiritual events, spending time with your close ones, social works etc.

All the best for winning the contests !!!!!! :thumbsup