1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My past has come back to haunt me...and my wife.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mookier, Feb 2, 2012.

1. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

I think the entire debate on virginity and sex needs a fresh debate. Some members have a habit of conveniently taking shelter under the umbrella of Indian culture to suit their point of view, completely disregarding the rapidly evolving social demographics. There is one thread in the 'Singles World' section where there is an in depth discussion on virginity and sex in modern India. Has close to 1900 views but half of the posts are mine. In spite of repeated calls for participation, just a couple of members put forth their views.

2. abcdguy

abcdguy Silver IL'ite

IndianFunTube,

With all due respect, your view does not represent the view or trend in India. If that were true, this wouldn't be such a hot topic issue. I think the issue of virginity and sex regarding women has always been an issue every since the dawn of time. Even with sexuality being more open within the United States, concepts like 'slut shamming' (google it) where women are attacked for their sexual openness (lack of virginity). Its a problem throughout the world, and many of it does root back to the dominate cultural or religious value system.

While you are a very open minded man, I am unsure if this view is shared much. There has been a double standard across all societies that rewards men for their increased partners, yet punishes women for their ability. Perhaps the roots deal with the ability that women should show self-contol, since all men really want sex? Unsure...but factually true for the most part.

Your turn my good friend... Indian Fun Tube

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mookier,
    Your Indian wife is missing her family, here having a baby is a BIG thing and the family (both sides)makes a big fuss of the mother -to-be and all this about your past could be a smokewall.
    Since you both dated for 4 years and then married your past is definitely not the reason, she could be worried that you may find someone else and leave her .Maybe she is insecure about the relationship.
    EMAs are taboo all over the world , its the present which counts , not the past.
    We have arranged marriages where the marriage is arranged by parents, relatives and the couple may interact before the D day.
    Then there are love marriages too where the couples tells parents their choice and get married like you both did.
    She could be uncomfortable due to pregnancy and wants space.
    Please plan a visit to India , it will be an eye-opener for you and your wife if she has not visited recently. She will be thrilled to show you her country.
    You will also be able to see for yourself and understand her better.

4. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

@abcdguy

The thread in my signature discusses sex and virginity. Pour out your views there and we'll talk. Let Mookier deal with his issues here.

5. abcdguy

abcdguy Silver IL'ite

INdianFunTube,

There is no reason to discuss anything, we have debated the issue enough. At this point Moonkier is just having to deal with a very harmonal wife. This will pass like many things in life.

ABCDGUY