My Parents Cut All Contacts With Me

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by imhappy, Jul 12, 2017.

1. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear op,

If you feel that if she is not asking your well being and taking care how you are keeping your heath... it is better to not to call for some time, or if you are desperate to call and tell how you feel about their behavior, it is better to convey that as it will unburden your emotions and feel light inside otherwise suppressing feelings is not good for your health and baby's health. Do according to what your mind is saying...

wishing you good luck.

imhappy likes this.
  2. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

I think there is a lot of complicated history with you and your parents but please remember that you are not at fault here at all. No child should ever feel abandoned and unloved by parents , its a lifelong scar. Parents are the people from whom we learn unconditional love and when their love is limited and scarce , the child has serious trust and self hate issues .
    I read a story in readers digest of a woman who had been abused and then abandoned by her mother ..As a grown up lady when she Gave birth and gazed into her newborn daughters eyes, she had a moment of epiphany when she realised that it was abnormal and unnatural for any human being to not love a child especially their own because loving a child is the most natural state of emotion. Not loving your child is unnatural . Even in the wild , animals protect their offspring .
    This is my theory that deep down your parents feel very guilty for not raising you . It's too late to form a close relationship now and they are probably trying to avoid the hurt that you might blame them for the past. I would suggest that you confront them , tell them how let down you feel. Get it out of your system .make decisions which you think are best for you and don't pay attention to emotional manipulation .

BhumiBabe and deepthyanoop like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...I did not mean to question you....just wanted to know what could be the reason for such strange behaviour towards one own child.

Some women in previous generations did not even have the right to question their child being given away to grandparents to raise.
    If she genuinely has no concern for you ,then it is very strange.

Just concentrate on the people who want you around .
    Best Wishes.

4. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

first of all congratulations on your pregnancy.

leave the rest, concentrate on good parenting for your child. read good books, be happy or go to such place where you and your child would be happy...