1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My new fascination!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 9, 2012.

1. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

nice post.. nice experience... two days before it happens me too...:)

1 person likes this.
  2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Veda, nice to see you here after a long time..
    I think all the WM have a secret pact, it seems..till we find it out, they enjoy the pampering and we are satisfied with their results..:biglaugh:
    :thumbsup:
    I am going to follow your advice of not scaring myself frequently in Vadivelu's style...'Appadiyaaaaaa' (is it? )haha..

Sriniketan

3. Sriniketan

Glad to know that you enjoyed it Anu :)

sriniketan

4. Sriniketan

Latha, so you pushed aside the weighing scale, which did not budge to your liking..haha..that's a great idea..to say, don't be in front of me, if you are not going to show me, my favourite weight..:)
    Running commentary from DH can be avoided by joining some gym or having a schedule of exercise, while he is at home..:biglaugh:..that's what I am doing right now, to be on the treadmill, after he is from work..Now he is not complaining about I am not exercising..haha..

So now you got my short-term resolution of making the Weighing scale to show the number of my satisfaction..:biggrin2:

sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  5. Sriniketan

Shaju, each and everyone of us have the same experience but at different time intervals, isn't it! :)

sriniketan

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hahah srini,what a fascination indeed ! no, as an adult I have never bothered to check my weight though I have one at home but as a kid I used to love to check my weight at those one rupee coin operated machines. LOL and we used to get a card with some prediction also..that was fun.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srini,

That was too too funny and what a common malady we seem to share! My WM too doesn't seem to budge and I am quite happy about it...love to live in a delusion! I know that some moving parts of the machine must have got stuck, but hey, that is not really my problem, is it?!! I believe what it shows, never mind if my pants are struggling to fit around the waist..:)

Honestly, I don't know what it is with weight? Why should our waistlines go up and curves add on as we get on with age? How dare! Methinks we should all invest some money and buy those mirrors which show you the slimmer version of oneself! Now that is an idea...what say you? :goodidea:....:yes:
    Another of those typically 'SriniketanSnippet'!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

You too? I can't resist myself on seeing a weighing machine. As if I just found a Icecream truck I start searching for the coin and run to it. I can't remember the last time I came back with a smile! :-(

One day when we were having dinner at a busy restaurant, I found a weighing machine right outside. I don't understand why the restaurant should have WM, very bad idea. There are no restrooms! The restaurant was busy. but no one neared WM. After I finished eating I slowly went there to see the weight. There were people going around so I want to check silently and leave quick. I got the coin and stepped on it, Alas! There was a loud beep and all the bored customers eyes were on me. Whoever passed that didn't fail to turn and have a look at the display and that damn thing stayed there for several seconds. :bonk

Nice narration Sri. I don't use the floor WM, DH says it won't show correct weight after few times as the string goes lose. Whenever I check my weight and have a frown on my face, my DH would say, 'Don't worry dear, it just went around once'... :rotfl [Meaning: My weight is more than 100Kgs as the needle went around the scale once..]

Enjoyed reading this and had fun sharing my experiences...
    ILT

2 people like this.
  9. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Srini,
    Loved your post.
    Every time you come up with hilarious one.
    I think its the same story with everybody :)
    We had one old WM which shows 5lbs less compared to one in doctor's office which I loved the most.
    DH being fitness freak, he brought another one which showed more (or current) weight of ours.
    On top of it we brought another WM which shows the body composition too... after seeing my overall fat content in my body, I stopped smiling.
    But always I have great excuse to say 'Being mom of 2 kids, so it's natural to weigh more' :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  10. Sriniketan

Haha Mindi, you had the fascination at the wrong age :biglaugh: I think you might use your WM at home, if it gives favourable predictions..:)

Sriniketan