1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Lo In Initial Stage Of Hand Foot And Mouth Disease

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sapna56, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

its end of second week of day care for my lo. He is down with fever since yesterday evening. And from today he is getting white sores inside his mouth. Due to which he is not eating or drinking . He is crying all the time and m holding him most of the time. I am worried coz he is not eating or drinking and he is just crying. I called advice nurse and she said to keep him hydrated. It's just 2nd day and I read that this disease will cause rash and blisters all over body. I worried how will he fight till he is recovered.

2. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Don't worry, just give him enough juice. If he resist, give something he likes. When my kids had this, he just drank only juice and no solid. Solids will hurt their mouth sores. Just check whether u can give electrolytes to keep him hydrated. I didn't gave any medicine for it but within 3 days, recovered and came back to normal.

sindmani and Rajijb like this.
  3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

My LO went through same problem last yr and I was panicked to death. But luckily this disease comes and goes fast. With in 3-4 days her spots/acne/bumps were drying. She had all over her body, face, mouth, feet. I think we went to doc but did not give her anything.