My little prince is here!!!

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by ashapradeep, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

VBAC in US is definitely an option. Discuss with ur gyn. U will have to consider a few details like y was ur previous section done and how far was it since ur current pregnancy? It is recommended to have a good gap between ur deliveries to avoid complication. Also, what my Dr mentioned was that the chances for VBAC are better if u go into labor on ur own and preferably by 40 weeks. After that the chances get slimmer. Also the weight of the baby is important. Babies bigger than 4 kg are considered risky for VBAC. In general, induction is not an option for VBAC but i was induced with low dose pitocin and had to be continuously monitored for uterine rupture and it worked fine.
    Do let me know if you have any doubts. Will be happy to help if I can. Gud luck and hope u get ur VBAC!!!

2. ashapradeep

Thank u Rakhii!!! Hope u r having a great time with ur little girl.

(BTW, isn't it time to change ur signature ;-) 47 weeks seem a bit too long ...)

3. ashapradeep

Thank u Anees!!! Looks like ur LO arrived before ur induction date. How is life treating u? How did ur kids react to the LO? Looking forward to ur birth story...

Asha

4. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Thank you asha for your repsone despite your busiest time now .MY C-section was 7 years ago and I had labor lastime withouit any problems but it was due to fetal distress that they did emergency c -section so this time I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for VBAC .

5. ashapradeep

Lochu, Seems like u r all set for ur VBAC.

Some things I did during my pregnancy to try and help was 1) started raspberry leaf tea capsules starting at 34 weeks, it was supposed to help with uterus toning and help in the second stage of labor - the pushing stage. But I pushed forever so not sure if it worked at all. 2)Took EPO capsules from 37 weeks, EPO is supposed to help prepare the cervix. I was 50% effaced at 36 weeks and was still at 75% at 39 weeks. So not sure if that worked either. But I know most women swear by it. 3) Birth ball- to help get baby in optimal position. This I know did help. My first one was posterior and I had a hard labor. This time I started sitting on the ball from 32 weeks and sure enough he remained head down and anterior till he came out. And its comfortable sitting on the ball than on the couch at the later stages.
    Asha

6. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

wow... beautifully written.. moved me to tears

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

So nice to hear this news!! Congratulations and blessings to little Ishaan :)

8. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Congrats. You have written every detail so well. I wonder how you could remember them so accurately amid tense moments:)

Good luck
    Ganthi