1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Life In Old Age

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 11, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@periamma has said it correctly all our life pages is written by God and its in our hands to play our part well and succeed in life. In younger days if we struggle no problem because that time we are young,enthusiastic and we can go through any problems as we have will power that time. But it is in old age we should have the will power, the strength to face our life if we have any health problem or any other problems . It is always expected from woman to adjust in life , earlier woman also used to adjust thats why they could live their life with the same person for many years some have lived more than 50 yrs and celebrated 50 years wedding anniversary . They used to get married in early age so they could celebrate but now a days they get married late so only some who have got married early are able to celebrate 50 yrs wedding anniversary.

When I got married I did not realise that God has given me a very good partner because that time as young girls think I also thought my husband is not so well to do, not holding a big post, not having a flat etc. etc. but did not understand that all those are not only the things required in life. We should have a partner who is always with us and helps us always and together we should make our life journey possible and successful.

But by struggling and with the help of my mother's cousin brother we could move to a flat from a chawl after my son was born. My husband was there for all my deliveries helping me like a mother. During pregnancy also he took good care of me. In three and half years I had 3 children and that too I was a working woman. He used to help me in cooking, looking after the children and everything we used to do together. If he is not there I used to miss him.

I think since we struggled bringing up children God has given a peaceful life in old age. Some people envy us seeing us going together everywhere , some appreciate us and say we are like Parvathy Parameswaran, he Is Parameswaran by name but I am Lakshmi not Parvathy. We dont have the responsbility of taking care of grandchildren because they are in different city. As far as possible I try not to make him angry and adjust with him in everything. Try to make yummy meal everyday, be in the house to receive him as he is a social worker and goes to help people when someone expires.

I only pray t God to give both of us good health so that we can lead our life happily and peacefully.

kaniths, Lalithambigai, kcb and 12 others like this.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Amen/tathastu.

How do you categorise your experience, Vijima? Is it good luck, karma or your specific hardwork and contribution?

For some, everything in life falls into its place at the right time and they build life step-by- step. For some ready made good life awaits, for some it is eternal struggle despite best efforts and for some it is a ruthlessly bad life. How much credit can one take for success in life?

Even selecting a spouse has the same pitfalls. At times I feel it is all Karma; this Karma theory strangely convinces, comforts and motivates one to continue with good efforts and work in the hope of better fortune in the next life. What do you say?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Such an honest, innocent and sweet write up....
    Wishing you and uncle a healthy and a peaceful life and many years of love and togetherness aunty.

joylokhi, abibala, Sandycandy and 3 others like this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji Thank you snippet Queen for acknowledging my post Life pages.what you said is absolutely true.May God bless you both

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My experience is good luck, karma , my hardwork and adjustment dear. For me I had to work hard to achieve everything. I used to dream like other young girls that I should be married to a person who is very handsome, having a high post and a big flat. I had all high fi friends always. First I was disappointed that my dream did not come true. But after marriage I learnt that all that I mentioned is not necessary in life to be happy and to be happy with whatever we have. My siblings had big flats and first I was staying in a chal till my two children were born then only through my mother's cousin we shifted to a flat. Though my husband didnot hold a big post he taught me to live a simple life and I understood him fully. Readymade good life did not await me I had to struggle for that.

You are right whatever we do goodin this life it is our karma in last birth that is taken into account. But to some extent whatever good we do in this life helps us to lead a good life. I have seen people who do not do much good but still they have what they desire in life , like a good dil , grand children etc. But there also they have something less. Though we dont own a big flat , now ourown house is under reconstruction and since 7 years we are staying in a rented flat. There also we had to struggle in this age, we have shifted four houses and at present staying in my daughter's flat as she is abroad. I always had good hi fi friends who did not see what kind of flat I was staying but loved for myself and always respected and loved me and still continuing. IN that way I am blessed in everything. Have a gem of a husband though we have many differences but I see only the positives in him, have three children who are well settled and give us all the love and respect and are there for us anytime and grandchildren who are also loving and caring. I enjoy leading a simple life and feel there is so much pleasure in leading that life. I learnt that we have to enjoy what we have and not crave for what is not there.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Nandinidear for your lovely message and good wishes.

nandinimithun likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am not a snippet queen dear there are others who are excellent writers here

8. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

What I observed with my experience is

First is the capacity of a person to handle the struggle. The more strong a person is more he will have to give tests to prove. The internal strength that is unknown comes out with these struggle only.

Second is selecting a specific path in each and every task. Like in an argument if we look for peace we get that but if we want fight then there are always many issues that we can bring.

Third is earning with dignity and accept only what we deserve. If by mistake we get extra money even by the shopkeeper then that money will never benefit us.

Fourth is acceptance of our condition at present without feeling low or jealous of other.

Finding ways to adjust with other. Somewhere we can be superior and take the decision and in other place can keep quiet and accept what other is saying.

Many more are there and can become a separate topic of discussion.

9. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Monika,

I appreciate your thoughts.:thumbup:

10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Monika, you are younger at age but your maturity levels are higher than me :clap2: