1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My kids have dark complexion....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by anika987, Jul 28, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

My MIL loves babies/adults who r fair in color.She always says"oh!she is so fair.so pretty"or comments on the baby who has fair skin.

Since my kids r dark she is always like" well, u r dark and so r ur kids.not everyone is lucky to be born fair.ur kids might not look so pretty when they grow up.remember that"

wat kind of a person is she?she is living with us and I really do not know what to do.

2. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

ugghh... no words... really..

its her grandkids too... so what if they have a darker shade of color, they'll grow up to be beautiful human beings.. and having a white heart which is most important.. Being fair doesnt mean one is beautiful.

What about Bipasha Basu, Kajol, Ajay Devgan... WHat about RAJNIKANTH for GOD's sake....

sindmani, RieRie and cutebarbie like this.
  3. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

This reminds me of my MIL. My children are darker than her daughters son and you can think of the treatment we get. OMG

4. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

Dont worry about her. When the kids grow and read well and get applauds for their activities, she will understand that colour has nothing to do with a person , but only the nature matters most , and then on she starts loving your children and praise them like anything

sindmani likes this.
  5. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

Please keep your kids away from MIL!!

3 people like this.
  6. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hugs to u... In a polite manner tell her that ur kids are helping & going to help in small things like getting water, switching on the fan etc but not somebodys fair complexion kids. Jus say keep saying stories that some fair complexion kids didnt take care of granny because they look old but they kids themselves look pretty. So they didnt help the grannys. Dont take it to heart much this age also like that.

1 person likes this.
  7. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

i am also sailing in the same boat... i am a normal color but my dh is little dark because of that dd also born as darker. in my pregnancy time mil doesnt allow me to eat dates and giving more pomo fruit since in her perception dates will change the baby color... but i had fewer without her knowledge.

whoever visiting dd keep on telling as she is darker than you, have you not taking any healthy food before delivery bla... bla.. at that time mil wont open her mouth to tell as she is same like her dad..

8. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Tell her that she has a dark heart.

13 people like this.
  9. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Oh just tell her coz pigs are in white tone they cannot be considered as sacred as the cows, though the cow may not be necessarily in white color. (Sorry pigs!)

3 people like this.
  10. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

We live in a society where being fair is seen as being more advantageous than being dark. Our society uses fairness creams while in the west, the fair-skinned Caucasians want to be tanned use tanning creams and tanning machines. Just tell your MIL that!