1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Date

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prathi, May 18, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Believe me, Kamala, I too read all the repliesagain with great interest!!
    Anda naaLum vanditatho???

2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

That's a very beautiful post Prathi :thumbsup
    I had mis interpreted the title initially and wondered if this was just another love story, but you took me by surprise with the wonderful touchy ending, very well written :thumbsup

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I must thank Chitra Ma'am for having given this link to this wonderful post. It was too good to miss.

Prathi, that was really very sweet. It is so nice to read about a father who obviously has not forgotten what it was to be young and is more of a friend to his son rather than an ogre waiting with a belt when he arrives home from his first date. It was really wonderful the way he reminded his son of something he had taken for granted - the love of his father - for 18 long years without so much as realizing it.

4. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Dear IL'ites, Do read Prathi's story about her first date and share it with your friends. Valentine's day has just passed and, touchwood, I am still celebrating my love with the man I had gone on a first date with. I loved your story Prathi. To be enjoyed by a wider audience, I have put it together as a featured article here. Thank you Prathi, once again, for your lovely story.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014