1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Books Are Out! Seek Your Wishes And Blessings!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

jubilations

Dear Varalotti,
    Congratulations from all of us here on the publishing of your book. Also our pranams to your parents on their 49th wedding anniversary. We seek their blessings on this joyous occcasion. And we also extend our congratulations of your better half and your daughter.
    Please do not feel very sorry for telling us to buy your book. Anything which comes free sometimes loses its importance. We are glad that we got the info on where to look for the book. I shall ask my library to buy your books, they alsways stock lots of Tamil books. I will buy a separate set for my personal library, it is a shame if I do not have it, youself being my friend. And we will be promoting your writing and book by buying.I am sure all at IL might be feeling like that.
    Once again, congratulations to you and your family and also heart felt thanks and good wishes to MR.RAJA on his magnanimity.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

2. sahanaTx

sahanaTx New IL'ite

Hello Sridhar

Hearty Congradulations on the publishing of your books.I love reading short stories(or any Tamizh novel) and would have loved to purchase it but for the fact that the site you directed to is all in Tamizh.Although I can read well,most of the terms there are new (and confusing) to me.I live in Texas.Do you have any idea re: shipping costs? If its a bit much,I will ask my brother to buy it in India and send it across through someone who is coming here.
    Thanks in advance and Best Wishes to your parents on their 49th anniversary!
    Sahana

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Congrats!

Dear Sridhar,

Hearty congratulations on your first publications!!!

Surely a great day-first publications and your parents 49th wedding anniversary...my wishes to your parents too.They must be feeling so proud that you released these books on their wedding anniversary.What better gift could you have given them this day.I am so happy for them.

Today I feel so great to be part of such a wonderful community...I keep boasting to my husband that a number of well-known writers are there in IL and that I know them all 'so well'.

All the best for all your upcoming books as well.

Cheers

4. sumi

sumi New IL'ite

Hi Sridhar

My heartest Congratulations on your first publications of your books. And my wishes to your parents for their 49th wedding anniversary. Goodluck for your future issues also.

sumi

5. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Though Iam not a great reviewer of your collections, I have enjoyed reading your writings. I am sure you are gonna publish many many many more like this in near future..

I am just very happy to be among such talented people like you. It just feels so good to just to know you and all other wonderful people here..

Thanks to people who maintain this wonderful site!!

Once again Congrats & Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Vidya, For Your Kind Wishes

Vidya,
    You are right. My Dad said that getting the first copies of my first books was the best gift he hoped to receive from us. Another gift, he said, he enjoyed, was Mr.Raja's company. That man with a face which makes millions laugh with a voice which makes millions sit up and look, the man who is in first name terms with Super Star, was talking to my parents as if he were a next door neighbour who has come to greet them.
    In fact the books were ready by 10th March itself. I asked the publisher to hold back the official release and distribution till 17th.

That was a very thoughtful suggestion to gift copies of books to the Central Jail. I will look into it.\

Thanks for the nice words, Vidya.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Thanks For The Kindness, Purnima!

Hi Purnima,

I am very happy and proud that my books are going to improve your Tamil, Purnima. Of course they are not written in great, litrerary Tamil. I struggle hard to write them in conversational Tamil committing the same mistakes which we do while talking Tamil. Another writer commented, Sridhar, you could have avoided these simple grammar mistakes. I told him, 'I want my characters to be as close to real life as possible. So I make them commit the same mistakes which all of us do while speaking coloquially. If I formalise the language and make it chaste, it will distance me from my readers. If as my neighbour, you ask me to come to Tea to your house, I come dressed up in full suit, you will feel emotionally distanced. '
    The writer accepted my explanation and condoned the errors.
    So happy reading Purnima. Thanks for the wishes to my parents which I shall convey to them.
    thanks once again for the kind words,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Kind Words, Sudha

Hello Sudha,
    Thanks a ton for your kind wishes. I will surely wish my parents on your behalf. About writing screeplay for the silver screen, let me see. I am not very eager to do that. That's a different ball game. I had a couple of offers but they wanted me to come down to Madras and they wanted me to work in a team. I told them I can't afford to lose my identity.
    May be, thanks to your kind wishes, they may start filming one of my stories.

ILites do constitute one large, well-knit family and today a son in the family did something which pleased them all.

regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

I Owe It To You, Indusladies Team!

Dear Indusladies Team,

In a way I owe this to you. I have been approached by publishers even four five years ago. But I was not very confident of my work. I was not sure whether my books would sell.

But after coming into Indusladies (let me remember Shakthi with gratitude here for she pulled me in here by publishing my story, Promise. The tamil translation of that story " Varam Tha Kutti Devathaiye" is in my book Jannal) after reading the comments of the gracious ladies of this forum, I had confidence in my work and when Kavitha Publication approached me I said a firm yes.

I remember your kind gesture of accepting me in the forum and giving a special place in the site. And I owe it to all the ILites who have given me a special place in their hearts.

I shall convey your wishes to my parents. May the Madurai Queen Meenakshi bless you all with health, happiness, peace and prosperity.
    Love,
    varalotti

10. varalotti

You may write to the Site Manager, Sahana!

Dear Sahanatx,
    I have been replying all the posts in the order of posting. But I skipped one or two to reply to yours as you have some queries. The shipping costs, I am assured, will be reasonable.
    You can go to their help desk by clicking the help button in the site.
    Alternatively you can send a mail to the site administrators seeking their help.
    Otherwise you please send a mail to haranprasanna@gmail.com asking about shipping costs and all. I think it will definitely be cheaper than individually couriering the copies by some one in India.
    Thanks for your nice words and kind wishes.
    regards,
    sridhar