1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my fight with Cancer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

i am following the doc's advice allright.he drinks and eats, and he told me follow ur heart, sorry follow yr tongue, a language harsha did nit like, she loved the doc but not what he adivised.HAHA

So i am being good .HAHA

Regards

kamal

2. Anupamaraghav

Anupamaraghav Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

Hats off to you for your emotional strength Kamalji and thanks for sharing your story and giving hope to others facing cancer. Do see your doctor regularly for follow-ups and Enjoy your life.:hatsoff

3. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

The spirit of Kamal ji is to be saluted. But I really feel sad for those who do not have the means to support such patients. Every day our newspaper comes out with a child's face asking for donation as the poor child is suffering from cancer. India is becoming the cancer capital of the world. The medicinal and post op facilities are very costly to most of the families.

Not specifying to spirited and our good fellow Kamal ji, but it is alarming that in our country there is no control on food value of food items including fish that is now full with mercury, ban on gutkha is not possible, ban on chips or even other such items too are not possible in the name of labor problems, money and what not. A comprehensive health policy is still a dream in our country. The other day I was reading about a lac persons are dying of diabetes per year....

thank god that our Kamal ji is hale and hearty, I pray for all of the others and I know you all do that as well..

take care

1 person likes this.
  4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

First when I read the title, I thought it was a joke. Couldn't really believe it.

I am really awed at your attitude towards life. Kudos to you!!! Its a great lesson for people who complain for everything. Thanks a lot Sir for this post!!!​

5. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    Looks like you scared the 'scary' cancer :)

Or

Is god scared of you causing a riot in heaven that he decided to keep you at arms length and leave you here on earth with us. (we wholeheartedly welcome his decision though)

5 people like this.
  6. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

I am very happy reading your post!

My Reasons here:

1) I am reading the success story of a cancer survivor - i lost my sister to cancer at a very young age and i am really eager to see people coming out of the dreadful disease. I am very happy that you are back to normal life now!
    2) You have dealt the disease with great mental strength and had infact taken life light!
    3) you are looking forward to get back your rights on samosas, papads and whiskey!! :) yeah.. happiness and enjoying the life is what is needed after all this life is too short and nothing on earth is worth enough to keep us low all the time.

The only thing i have in my mind is pure happiness and I am very very happy for you kamalji! :thumbsup

4 people like this.
  7. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    You have presented the popularly horrendous disease like simple fever. Such a strong lesson conveyed in usual Kamalji-style.
    So much to learn from you!

Wish you wonderful days with the new member in the family! My regards and wishes to Harshaji too, who has been going through this journey with similar courage and poise!

1 person likes this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kamalji
    I must say, you are a naughty,glutton,... MAN.....but a man with style and humour, A LION!....you proved it once again that every milestone can be accomplished with the right attitude.
    I have a Moraji Desi at home, my father, eat healthy, drink healthy,sleep healthy and I have a Raj Kapoor at home too , my FIL....minus the babes ....he is well over seventy, dines and wines like a king! His motto...LIVE life to its fullest while you can.
    The result; when he goes for his medical check ups the docs and nurses faint, the machines get conked up because they have crossed their maximum limit of reading.....and my FIL smiles his wicked smile!
    Enjoyed your narration and wish you many many years of health/fun/fulfillment.This goes towards the FP, OCTOBER for making me see the true Kamalji!
    MEGA

7 people like this.
  9. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    That was a fabulous true life tale! You make it sound so silly! Hats off to your attitude!!!!
    I wish I could get your attitude in life. I hope this article will be a learning lesson for me, because I get depressed very easily in lie. I sit and cry even now because I'm stuck in a joint family since the past 9.5 years and my inlaws don't support anything I do - they don't let me do organic farming(in our 70 cents of land) because the yeild will be low when its organic(they have assumed it already even before I've sown a seed), they will not let me go to the gym coz they cannot take care of my lil boy, they will not let me start a home based tailoring unit coz their privacy will be invaded if a sewing girl will come & work upstairs! I used to feel depressed and almost suicidal because of a life with no freedom. But after reading your post, I feel so ashamed of myself.
    You have tackled such a great issue so lightly. Kudos sir! Hoping to read more funny & light posts by you. Take Care!!!!

3 people like this.
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Arch,

ever since i was young, i have this attitude, of being positive, for i havre remembered a saying " When the night is the darkest, it means dawn is around the corner", and i keep observing others, and i saw what we fear never happens, and what happens even if not to our liking ulitmately it is for our own good.

And then i realized when i dont have any power over my birth or death, then why worry, is the attitude i take, and it has helped me Arch. So take it easy, dont take life so seriously, and u will see a wonderful life unfolding in front of u.

Ulhasnagar eh ! Yes the sindhi nonveg shops , wow, u get there what u dont get elsewhere, like paya, buki kaopooras etc.HAHA

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.