1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My experiment with fasting....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi kottravai,

good to see you back. I was wondering at your absence. :)

my life is one long feast!!! ::) good for you and you do have a lot of company here.
    and me? my second attempt this month was much better.it went off very smoothly without me thinking of food or an aching head.hahhh.

2. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Hi Mindi,
    How are you Just remembering you and your DH today when i was making Ragi Dosa(it came out well).
    I can suggest you to read rujuta diwekar's "Don't lose your mind lose your weight". Excellent one.
    Very happy new year.
    Meenakshi

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

You are smart, now u pack her b reakfeast and make sure she works that extra 15 mins.Why does not the maid work those extra minutes that she took to eat ? she should be fair to u, for u aare not bound to give her breakfast.

But u did a ncie thing, i am sure ur dad is happy, and even i agree.HAHA

Well i have never fasted ever, so no tips there, but sure a nice blog, and now areading yr blog i am feeling hungry, kebabs here i come. Sorry i made yr space nonveg, cant help it u see.

Now please wash yr compouter screen with gangajal, and debar me from entering yr space for a year.HAHA

Regardsw

kamal

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hiiiii meena,

how have you been???? loooo.....ng time no see..:)
    How are you Just remembering you and your DH today when i was making Ragi Dosa(it came out well).

hahhah some things remind you of some people , no??? btw i too have learnt to make it now. trying all alternatives to rice these days.:)

Very happy new year.
    Meenakshi

tks dear and wish you and family the same. :cheers

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Why does not the maid work those extra minutes that she took to eat ? she should be fair to u, for u aare not bound to give her breakfast.

true kamalji but she obviously does not believe in being fair..anyway we should not treat these peoople on the same level. considering the lives they lead we can surely afford to be the bigger and better person,I feel.

Now please wash yr compouter screen with gangajal, and debar me from entering yr space for a year.HAHA

:rotfl that I will, but forbidding your entry to my blogs. never !!!

6. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dearest Mindi,

Ha ha ha.. I never attempted to fast. But both my mom and dad are fasters o fasters:):)

My dad almost all the years fast for Shashti. I dont know how he is able to fast for so many days.

I never bothered about fasting in home. I always have food 3 times a day:rotfl

Milk shake fasting seems to be a good idea Mindi. Let me try that fasting after lunch :)

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear rabs,

So good to see you back.where do you Keep disappearing? Anyway here's wishing you and hubby a terrific 2012 with absolutely no separations, however small they may be, Okay?:) enjoy yourselves.

Milkshake Fasting? And that too after Lunch? Hahaha that was a good one.. You too are a feaster indeed. :)

8. Pinky9

Pinky9 Junior IL'ite

please tell me which is the best method to do fasting ...
    1. fasting whole day and have dinner at night (wth out brk fast )
    2 fasting at nights....(no dinner) that means half day fasting

which one is more fuitful ?

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

<INDI, IN THESE DAYS F FAST FOOD AND LIFE ON A FAST LANE, GOING ON A FAST IS PASSE'. fASTING DURING THE RELIGIOUS FAST DAYS IS SYNONYMOUS WITH FEASTING AND PEOPLE TEND TO PUT ON MORE WEIGHT THAN THE NORMAL DAY. IN NORTHERN iNDIA. fASTING SIMPLY MEANS NO GRAINS. sO PEOPLE AVOID RICE AND 2WHEAT. bUT THEIR FAST DIET SEEMS LIKE ATKINS DIET--NO CARBS BUT FAT IS OKAY. GRAINS MAKE WAY FOR WATER CHESNUT FAND POTATO FLOURS WHICH ARE USED TO MAKE GHEE LADEN PURIS. aND THE RESUT IS EVIDENT WITHIN DAYS. LOTS OF EXTRA KILOS AND OODLES OF FAT AND SOARIANG CHOLESTEROL AND SUGAR LEVELS. iT IS BETTER TO FEAST HONESTLY THAN FAST THIS WAY.

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Fruitful as in religiously??? I do not believe in that Pinky so I am the wrong person to ask

fruitful as to health wise and cleansing up the system..second one is easy ie to skip dinner..but the second time I tried I could easily manage with a liquid diet the whole day.:)