1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Experience As An Anonymous Writer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Agatha83, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunburst,

Not knowing the nuances of FB, WhatsApp etc, I am not a member of any of these websites. One has to be technically suave, because many times we are left alone to deal with problems which occur periodically! After four years, now only I am comfortable dealing with my laptop or IPad. With so many long passwords, safe security, privacy settings, uhh! Too much for oldies like me!

Agatha83

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Agatha
    It was like reading Bertie's article on 'What the Well-dressed Man is wearing' in his Aunt Dahlia's periodical 'Milady's Boudoir'. Rs.700 before a decade must have been a steal!
    When I read your snippets, I am overcome with self pity. I ask myself, 'Why can't I write like her?' Your humor is unobtrusive. It is not a glaring diversion but merges beautifully with the main story. You don't write something for the sake of making people laugh but your snippets never fail to crease our faces with an appreciative smile .

IL is lucky to have you around!
    Sri

Agatha83 likes this.
  3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear nandinimithun,

Thanks for your kind words, lovely hugs and lots of affection.

Agatha83

nandinimithun likes this.
  4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear rama,

Imagine my position where I had to spend the entire day answering phone calls from complete strangers- some threatening, some cajoling, just to get the information about the hospital and the doctor. many times I just slammed the phone in anger, but there was no escape from the feedback I got through phones and personal calls-frustrating experience it was! thanks for your appreciation.

Agatha83

5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear jayasala,

Yes it was an exhilarating experience when I saw my writing for the first time in print, but my happiness didn't last long due to a faux pas made by the newspaper. Anyway looking back it was a different and difficult experience, through which I came out intact! i always admire and enjoy your writings be it in the print media or in IL community.

Agatha83

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear joylokhi,

The previous issues of the same newspaper which carried the anonymous columns were truly anonymous, without a mention of even the email Id of the writer. But in my case, somewhere things went wrong and caused me a lot of anxiety and embarrassment. Yes, i learnt some heads rolled at the top level in the same hospital, but my only fear was that no harm should come to my mom due to such an exposure.
    Thanks for all the love and appreciation you shower on me.

Agatha83

joylokhi likes this.
  7. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

That was the first time I ever received a cheque in my name, at a ripe year of 60 which I never ever dreamt. Right Ho Cheeniya Sir, You are the star writer here in IL and looking at the repartee you give back to Iravathi's sixers and fours, I am almost clean bowled by your finesse with which you handle even the most delicate FBs. ,
    I love watching movies like "The Kid", Life is beautiful, The pursuit of Happiness,- movies which combine both drama and comedy. When life is too serious, I have to take some deviation and delve into humor or otherwise I would be counting the mosquitoes in a lunatic asylum.
    More than the cheque of 700 rs, appreciative words coming from you is a Life Time Achievement Award for me. Thank you Sir for such sincere and encouraging words.
    Regards,
    Agatha83

8. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Enjoyed reading your reminiscence . So warm and humourous.
    It must have been tiresome having strangers calling you up , when all you wanted was anonymity !

Now, no more anonymous ! you are a Star here !

Agatha83 likes this.
  9. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Susila,

It’s nice to see you here after a long time. Yes, that was the one time when I wanted to become invisible or go underground! Haha! Thank you for your star rating. But I would like to be very much in touch with members like you in IL grounded in reality rather than a twinkling little star up above the sky!

Agatha83

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Agatha madam,
    Anonimity cannot be maintained for ever in any field. Talented artists, writers or with any skill have to come out and the world finds them.
    Smooth flow of words...no pomp or showy...the words just flow and your fingers dance on the keyboard!
    Hope we would read and interact on many blogs in future.
    Syamala

Agatha83 likes this.