1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My encounters with BMTC...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Mar 9, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

My first post here...[​IMG]
    My experience with bus travel.....

I have become a regular traveller in BMTC (its Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation) buses thanks to my husband. We both work in the same campus, but since most of the days he works late I have to take a bus back home.

Many of you will not be surprised if I tell you that it takes 1.5 to 2 hours for me to reach my home from office.

I set out from my office with the sole goal of reaching my destination(house) as soon as possible. Given the bangalore traffic, 1.5 hours is the minimum time required. And yes as you all know these buses are never on time.

It happens many a times that I wait for more than half an hour in the bus stop. Already tired of the office work and thinking of the cooking and other work at home I get more frustated. So what do I do then? I call my husband and vent out all my anger at him. My poor husband listens to all I say without any agitation. Maybe even he feels that he is the reason for the bus not arriving on time.[​IMG] And just when I keep the phone I see that my bus is there. Now I am back to my normal mood.

I get into the bus, then my next step is to find a seat. I run just like all the others who rushed into bus with me. All of us competing against each other for the SEAT. Some lucky days I do manage to defeat others in this competition. And there are more lucky days when I travel by AC Volvo bus enjoying the cool air. OK, I got a seat.

Life is not so easy. The next step is to find the exact change for the ticket. Or you will have to hear to the lectures from the conductor. Some day you dont have any change and you hand over a Rs100 note to conductor. Thats all, the next moment you have to face the fuming gaze from conductor. Finally, I find the exact change and hand over it to conductor in exchange for ticket.

The next few moments are peaceful. You can now think of what are you going to cook for dinner.

Then after some time you realize that the bus is not moving. Look out of the window and you will find yourself in a pool of cars, buses, bikes and what not. This is the time when your meditation classes will help you to not lose your cool. You can do all the pranayam, meditation you know. The bus moves like a tortoise, now remember what your teacher taught you in school. "Slow and steady wins the race". "Better late than never." etc etc...

I have no other option but to look at the people inside and outside the bus and pass my time...
    Then the long awaiting moment arrives... I have reached my stop... Yippeee...[​IMG]

2. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

Dear vidchakra

:) Nice one. Keep writing.

Cheers

3. vidchakra

4. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello vidchakra,

Welcome to the blogging world.:welcome
    That was a very cute post.

Particularly I enjoyed reading thie paragraph:

This is the time when your meditation classes will help you to not lose your cool. You can do all the pranayam, meditation you know. The bus moves like a tortoise, now remember what your teacher taught you in school. "Slow and steady wins the race".

Best wishes for writing more!!

Cheers,

Saras

5. vidchakra

Hi Saras,
    Glad to know that you liked it. Thank you :)

-vidchakra

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Good post :thumbsup. Welcome to blogging!
    Been there and hate it :bonk. But, atleast it is not overcrowded anytime(peak or non peak hours) as the Chennai public transport(maybe because of meter autos being available?), buses are relatively clean and no bus romeos too, that way love BMTC :thumbsup
    Did you say meditation? really? wow, you've got great mind control!
    I was able to do a lot of yoga though(pushed and pulled in different directions, lose control and move around when driver brakes suddenly etc) :bonk

7. vidchakra

Hi navs23,
    Thank you :).

Yes, now a days there are more number of buses and therefore not overcrowded. But during my school and college days they were so crowded that we used to stand on the foot board and travel.

"I was able to do a lot of yoga though(pushed and pulled in different directions, lose control and move around when driver brakes suddenly etc)"
    This is very funny and I totally agree with you.:rotfl

8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I guess its the same everywhere in even metro cities, Vidchakra. Nice start and clear narration. Enjoyed reading it. Thanks. -rgs

9. vidchakra

Thanks rgs, for reading my post..
    Glad to know that you enjoyed...

10. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

He he ..you have narrated your experience very well vidu...

But this is almost everyone's case who commute to ITPL or CV Ram nagar ....we get frustrated by travelling ...just imagine vidu ..once upon a time i used to travel from rajarajeshwari nagar to HSR & back ....the route was via BTM .....

But yes we need a lot of patience ....n as u have said if i could not catch the bus in time ..then My DH will be my target ..used to call him up n show all my anger on him. And that time Agara flyover constrution was going on ....

Once it got jammed so badly that people literally went back home with going to office ...