1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 10 days vippassana meditation course experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ALPA, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Raji,
    thank you fr oyour FB, you know everyting new we try in the beginning is difficult but it gets better with time. thank you for your kind words
    with metta
    alpa:cheers

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear Siraj,
    thank you for the lovely words, i loved the way you put in the words.
    thank you
    with metta

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear Manisha,
    thank you so much for stepping in. i feel so good after doing this course and i recommend every one to do it, it will really benefit you and others.
    with metta

4. revathis

revathis Senior IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

A very nice write up with full details:thumbsup. Any form of meditation is very relaxing. Though i am not into any type , vippassana seems a bit tough to practice, but with the commitment to practice daily, am sure nothing is impossible. The peace & Joy you must have felt at the end of the course must be worth all the wait. I can say that a bit of it has entered into me.

I too feel i should atleast start off with pranayama.

Revathi

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear revathis,
    Thank you so much for stepping in. i too was like you never liked to meditate but after passing through this wonderful experience i feel so good about myself, mentaly i feel calm, i am not doing anything in a hurry or rushing into anything, i am just taking everything so calmly.
    The room that we all were meditating was full of positive energies and it really feels greart ot be at peace and joy.
    I am going for another sitting next year the same 10day one.
    with metta

6. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

My dearest alpha...
    Wonderful experince... thanks for sharing with us... it really gives me a special boost to do mediation daily without fail... i learnt with so much of interest during my college days and do regularly... now with kid slowly i'm finding blame excuse and skipping... but your snippet has given me new energy to start it again without skipping... you are really lucky to participate for 10 days sure it would have given you lots of peace and patience... even i learnt so much through that... its beyond words...

thank you so much for sharing with us dearie...

sending you big hugs...

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vahee,
    it was a truly great experience and i feel so good and i am glad that i sharedit with everyone and all my experience i went through. As you said its beyond words.
    thank you dear for stepping in and bossting me.
    hugs, kisses and love to you

8. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Alpa,
    Wonderful write up. Very informative. I am so glad for you. What an experience. Its really nice of you to share it with us. One of these days i have to sign up for somehting like that to experience it. Keep meditating,writing too
    Aparna

9. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

WOW WOW....Dear Alpa !!!!!!!!
    I am a late entry here......but am glad I din't miss it !! How could I miss Alpa's frist post ?! And look, your thread has gone four pages in just a day !! Congrats on that !!

It is so very sweet of you to share with us your experience.... and ionspire many here !! Glad for you, you enjoyed a lot. I have done something very similar, it was from Art of living..... meditation in silence, and when I got back home, I felt so cleansed, I could feel the glow that everyone talked about me ! And believe me, my DH used to get annoyed seeing that nothing could upset me or afffect me !!

May you always carry this shine and life with you !! and spread it too !!
    love

10. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Dear alpa,

Enjoyed reading your snippet, very well explained on how things are done in the meditation centre... good for you.. :) After reading your article am also tempted to try meditation..

It requires a lot of patience to stay silent for 11 days.. :bowdown

Take care
    hugs
    niv