1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Must for ladies

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sudhakrishna, Jan 25, 2013.

1. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

After marriage only we women ,have to play an important role to built the family. in the process of helping our husband, bringing up children, helping relatives etc... we lose ourself as an individual. after some time though we achieved a lot , we feel we did nothing in the life. we may be the back bone for others success. but that wont come into light. this leads to stress and depression in later stages of life. into order to over come that I feel the following things are necessary.

GIVE PLACE FOR YOURSELF.
    one has to spend half an hour for oneself a day. whether singing or painting or craft or something. the half an hour is our world. no entry for others. no shyness . full freedom to do our beloved thing. this will boost our confidence.

REGULAR EXERCISE
    exercise regularly with out any excuses. walking is highly recommended. drinking 5-6 glasses of water is must. this will make us fit.

HAVE DIGNITY
    Dont loose your identity. if something has to be done against your wish don't do that. tell your unwillingness in doing such things and explain. don't be too much flexible.this'll will increase our morale.

EARN SOMETHING
    working women should save something for themselves. home makers should find out way to earn money . This will make us financially strong.

HEALTH AND BEAUTY
    Give importance to health. annual medical check is must. While cooking preference should be there for nutrition and healthy food than for taste. were must give importance to beauty also. mild makeup, maintaining weight, dress up elegantly. this'll will boost us physically.

PLAN FOR TOMORROW
    we should plan how we will spend our old age time. were should reserve money and other resources for that. so that we can spend our old age peacefully.

I strongly feel one should not loose their individuality at any cost. we should live our life with pride. our sacrifice should be noted and we should be respected in life.

20 people like this.

2. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

I am honestly following most of your points. Not just half an hour but I have nearly 4-5 hours where I will be for myself and seriously I enjoy this space, regular workouts have become a part of my daily activities, I pamper myself in the beauty parlours once in a month.. thanks for the reminder... yes we should live with dignity.

3. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well good info for all ladies

4. niti123

niti123 Silver IL'ite

I was thinking of a thread about this. It is about me losing everything in the process of becoming a housewife. I was a smart student and earned degrees from reputed institutes. I got married to a very highly educated and well behaved person who allowed me to finish my studies and join him. He insisted on me staying with him and not looking for jobs in India. I complied being a young wife and also the was my urge to be with my DH. I was soon confined to home. It is not that my DH is against me working but I could not land good jobs in such an atmosphere with little work experience I was a nobody. I found a job and started working. My DH was not encouraging me to work but he never opposed it. I soon found myself in hot water as I fell sick. My DH took care of me well and I recovered in due course of time. By that time all my intellectual self was dying a slow death.

I got pregnant and that was the death knell. I was pampered and loved but I was given a regime which sadly didnt include working. I gave birth to a baby boy and I have been looking after him and my DH. Though we moved to India, I didnt have much opportunity to find job mainly because of my DH's insistence that "there will be no one to take care of the child" and "cant leave him with baby sitters" attitude. I dont certainly dislike my DH. I in fact love and respect him. I have a free hand on finances and I can spend as I wish. I can use his credit card and salary account. I have freedom to do anything and my DH isnt much of a control freak.

But then I am a nobody. One fine day if my DH leaves me I will be totally undone. I know he will never leave me but still I harbour that kind of a fear inside me. My DS is still a small boy. I do leisurely activities and other social activities but not regular work. For my education, I need to be working somewhere but I cant look at myself now for I am a nobody.

3 people like this.
  5. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

good blessed that you value yourself and life a life of YOU. thanks for your feedback.

6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Very nice points sudha, thanks for sharing.
    In fact I really agree that mostly women loose their identity in trying to be a good wife, mother and dil. In fact in many cases I have seen in my close relatives that for many women their life revolves so much around their kids that when kids grow up and want to spread their wings , the women feel suddenly they have nothing in their life and this in turn leads to competition with their dil or snil for their kids attention. If the same women had some life of their own and had realization that they have a identity beyond someone's wife or mom they would be much happier and at peace with themselves.
    Somehow the mentality is such in our society that a woman thinks bit about herself she is considered selfish, the role of a ideal sacrificing , living for others woman is too hyped and its high time to change it!

2 people like this.
  7. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

thanks for your feedback cedantseq

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Post has lot of good points every woman would do well to remind herself over the years of married life. Only quibble - let's not call it a sacrifice.

9. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

dear niti, this the phase every married women under goes in life. the best option is starting own business or work from home. all the best

10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

thanks for sharing the useful & valuable points.

andal