1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music Brings Back Old Memories

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by iyerviji, Jun 10, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

One of the greatest functions of music is to help relieve us from the stresses that we face in our everyday lives and instead take us back to places of excitement, and pleasant memories that different songs help us to remember. Music is a refresher, and it helps to sort of cleanse and refresh our spiritual body as a shower or bath may help us to cleanse and refresh our physical body.

Never take for granted the power of music. It helps to amplify moods like anger and rage, or it can be used to calm us down when we need it to, music can be an escape from the world that you are currently enjoying or not enjoying, and can be an entry into a world of old so that you may revisit your past. Music can also be what helps a person make and maintain new memories as well. Remember that music holds a key to your old memories. Never forget.

Today taking part in Family Antakshari brought me memories of my school days. I used to listen to hindi songs in Radio while doing my homework. Used to wait for Wednesdays to hear Binaca Geet Mala and sweet voice of Ameen Sayani

Now watch TV serials along with being on line logging to Indus. I used to like old songs very much. Some songs are always in my thoughts, like song from Sujata, Jalte hai jiske liye, etc. Those days I used to know which song which movie . But now a days dont listen much to bhindi songs as we watch tamil serials. Music brings two hearts together. If given a chance would have gone for love marriage , but in my days we are not allowed to talk to a guy. When some guy come shome we are asked to go inside. My father never wanted me to work in office , first I got a job as a Teacher but I ddi not like it as I was a very quiet person and not so bold to manage the chidlren. But the children liked me very much and when I wanted to leave our Mother Superior said dont leave jobs like this. So in Hyderabad I worked for two years and thirty six years in Mumbai. Sorry for taking you away from Music.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:) :)
    Viji, you can write on almost any topic, and touch our hearts.

I used to keep easy homework for Binaca Geet Mala time. Like map drawing of Geography. I remember coloring many Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea as top 3 songs played from 8:50 to 9 pm. In election time, dad used to get mad since we resisted changing to news station.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Rihana dear for your first feedback. Glad to know yyou alsi liked BINACA geetmala... typed from mobile

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji maami,
    nice snippet:) Yes, binaca geetmala was our favourite too during college days and all of us brothers, sister and parents too would finish dinner early to listen to Binaca geetmala without missing out any of Ameen sayanis commentary. Really, how times have changed from such simple interests. Even now when im all by myself, i take time out to watch the old videos of the old classic hits of that time. Nostalgia:)

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Joy dear sorry for the late reply, was not well . Glad to know Binaca geetmala was your favourite too. Glad nw also take time to watch the old videos of old classic hits. Old songs were the best, thanks dear