Moving from Chennai to DFW

Discussion in 'Indians in Dallas' started by AmuthaNavi, Feb 13, 2012.

1. AmuthaNavi

AmuthaNavi New IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning to move to DFW area in Oct 2012. My husband's business is in Hurst. We intend to move to Coppell mainly for Schools.. My Daughter 11 years is Studying 5th Grade (ICSE) now, would move to 6th Grade from June 2012. My Son, 8 Years is studying 3rd Grade now (CBSE) & move to 4th Grade from June 2012.

I am housewife, first time traveling to Foreign Country & plan to settle down there permanently.

My husband is 50, I am 42.

I am thinking of moving to town homes on rent initially in Coppell area for few months.

I am wondering, whether there is any gated community/town homes, where Indians live, so kids would have some friends to move with, in their age group.

Would appreciate guidance about schooling admission, housing & culture shocks which I should be ready to face.

Thanks/Regards

Amutha

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

2. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Welcome to DFW. Good place to live.Indian groceries,Indian restaurants,Beauty parlours are here.Good Indian population here.
    Regarding the school admission, Schools reopen in August.Once you move to an apt, you can register your kid in the school with your leasing agreement/utility bill fore the proof of residence in that area. If you are here in june, then you would get enough time to settle in new place. Regarding the apartments, lots are here.You can search the apts with your area Zipcode in rent.com,apartment.com and much more.
    Good Luck with your move!!!

3. AmuthaNavi

AmuthaNavi New IL'ite

Hi Pinky,

Thank you for your guidance.

Only my husband will be coming to DFW initially for few short visits from April onwards.He, with assistance of company staff will take care of rent.. keep everything ready for us to come & settle down without hassles.

Myself & Kids will be moving only after Oct 2012. My concern is School Admission during the middle of the year for kids. I prefer to stay in apartment/locality where Indians live & put kids in a school where few Indian Kids Study, so we can mingle/build relationships.

Thx again,

Regards

Amutha