1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Movie watching

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Dec 8, 2011.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navs
    Ah!:) Looks like it is the same pattern of movie- watching in your home too! So glad to know that. I definitely agree that the quality of the movies online are extremely good. But now when the quality is good, it is not very easy to find the gems in the amazing pile of masala movies. There have been very good ones like Mozhi, Abiyum Naanum, and a few others. Very few!
    Even in English movies some are good and nowadays I cannot watch too many paranormal, sci-fi, and all. But if we go for serious movies there is too much dialogue. I truly agree that reality is too-much reality too. :thumbsdown
    :thankyou2:Thanks for the lovely fb.

1 person likes this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi
    First thank you for accepting my invitation!:bowdown I would love to have you home. I think it now calls or a movie-Ilite meet. If you all come home it will be wonderful when we can analyze and rip apart all the movies to our hearts’ content:). Please do come.
    Yes true, we can predict the dialogue, the twists, and nowadays even the end. What my hubby is more worried is with the American-IT boy is “jilted at the altar” in every movie should we start looking for girls from India for our sons or not:drowning? Enga kavalai engalukku :hide:!
    Thank you for the lovely feedback Bhargavi!:thumbsup

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee
    True. The quality of the movies has improved tremendously and easy to obtain now. The VCR was a history more than 2 decades ago. Thanks much for your feedback.

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tinku
    Thank you very much.
    :biglaugh:biglaughHahaha..Hubby sleeps huh! So like in my home!
    Aww…that that is so awful the movie stops just midway. Though we dismiss them as just a movie, the disappointment when the movie stops midway is so frustrating.:rant It does feel the window has closed too.
    Downloading the movies is such a boon, if one is not good we can download another one.:thumbsup
    Thanks for the lovely feedback.:cheers

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala.....
    Very hilarious post.....I am no movie buff if something interesting comes along I will watch them .....I watch mostly english movies as nowadays english movie channels are putting subtitles......n while watching movie i too chop veggies ....

Regarding your invititation i will lap it up if not for movie but for some yummmy food you cook...

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear VJB
    Thank you so much for your feedback!
    I am so glad you enjoyed the write up and also glad that you ar enjoying English mvoies.

It is so nice to know that so many friends here are doing the same thing, chopping veggies while watching movies.

Sure please do come home; food guaranteed! About it being yummy..no guarantee! :)

7. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala ma'am.....:)

Yet another testimony of the span of your spectrum of writing......:bowdown

Lovely post ma'am.......:thumbsup

Cutting veggies n folding clothes....same pinch......:cheers
    I get the ironing table to the living room and finish ironing by intermission or rather interval of our tamil movies.....:)

and my dear son....
    he would have his "Geronimo Stilton"..or his "Judy Moody"...all through the movie.....and would laugh at the right places too......:rotfl:spin

1 person likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi
    Thank you very much!
    Hahha..so you too cut vegetables. And ironing too! Welcome to the club!
    So little kiddo has started multi-tasking too is it? His books and games on one side and movie watching with mama – aaaw, that is so precious! Enjoy his company.

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala,

A delightful insight into your movie watching habits!:thumbsup

Like many others here, I too share some of your expatriate dilemmas of Indian movie watching! Pining for that homely song and dance sequences, buying the first bad but expensive videos, acquiring the first dish antenna (the size of a small football ground!!) to catch the very first satellite Indian channels, promoting to DVDs and now the laid back attitude as everything is quite easily accessable, except that 'good' Indian movie! :spin

I am your proverbial movie buff Kamala. :roll: At times, I wonder what I am to do with all this unwanted 'knowledge' about movies!! It is only recently that my memory is failing me and I don't seem to know which 'pa' movie had Savithri or which one had SarojaDevi pairing with good ol' Sivaji! It is another matter that I switched my favor to Hindi movies as I entered my teens. But these days, I fail to recognise if the movie is Hindi or English what with titles like 'My Name is Khan', '3Idiots' or ...watch out...'Dirty Movie'! :bonk Also, I am tiring of MissionImpossible1,2, 3..., MIB1,2, 3..., 'HarryPotter'-1,2,3...Come one...there must be more subjects for people to film..

Well, before I ramble on about the fate of present day movies, let me tell you that I have come to a conclusion after reading your post and the following feedbacks. Looks likeyou, there are many here who would rather chop veggies, stir masalas, iron clothes or even clean up while watching movies. Quite a syndrome. Since I am equipped with all the facilities to watch good, bad and so so movies in my house, I will invite all of you multi-taskers to my place. I like watching movies anyways and all of you can do what ever chores you want to at my place. I shall not and will not object. I will be generous with my popcorn and soda. So, come one and all, watch that movie here at my place, please! :goodidea: Thank you Kamala for providing one great snippet and one great and wonderful idea!! :biglaugh

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Kamla
    Ah! So you too went through the phase of wanderer in the desert syndrome is it? Yes it takes absence to make the heart grown fonder. I realized it!
    Yes, were watching the movie "kites" and there was no need for the subtitles. Only one or two words were in Hindi! The theme too! And there was this movie on the lives of top models in Mumbai...same case. My husband was telling that Indian movies have gone really far away...far far away...! Unfortunately they project the western culture in a wrong light also.
    I totally agree with you. They should come to snippets and ask us for some titles. Such a treasure of ideas here..of course for a royalty. How about this idea? Hehehe!:thumbsup
    It's now my turn to say :goodidea: and :biglaugh:biglaugh! You are something Kamla! Well as long as you give us more than popcorn and soda, like bajjis, bondas, cakes, icecreams, and anything that are yummy but forbidden, what vegetable cutting. We will also do the ironing for you! anything for our Dear Kamla! What say y'all? Hear that "OH YEAH" Kamla?

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. Made me smile! You really must consider posting in snippets! You write so well!