1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother In Law Issues And Husband Not Supporting

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Preethies, May 13, 2017.

1. Preethies

Preethies Junior IL'ite

friends,
    The topic is quite a hectic one and need some help in sorting out the issues.
    My mil verbally abuses with all of my relatives about me and acts as if she is a good caring mil in front of me. And she do all tricks possibly to draw the attention of my husband on her. He like a child accepts everything whatever she told.
    I can't accept the fact that she is doing a double game and i stopped talking to her. But my husband on the other hand did not even try to understand my feelings showing all the hate to me for not speaking to his mother.
    My husband regularly went out and speak to her fr a hr and act as if he did not speak to her for weeks, my mil even deletes her call history and tells that she din speak to my husband. But I captured all the call histories from skype and did not disclose any to them. This is truly a mental torcher for me. Do men like these are there?? Pls share ur thoughts to solve these issues.

2. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

don't expect your husband to fight for you.husbands are like that only.if your husband talks in skype unknown to you,let him be.keep yourself cool and don't give them chance to bait you

sindmani and Preethies like this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

For your own peace, don't get into it. You can't stop the children from contacting their parents. Will u be ok if your children's partners does the same thing and ask your children not to talk to you?

It's your fight, he's going to try to stay away from all this drama.

As for the mil drama, yes, that happens almost at all of our households. Acting in front of their relatives n husbands and being all bad to the dil's n many more. Anger and noise will only get you bad name and strain your relationship with your husband. Don't get angry n react, instead think of smart ways to deal with this. Only that will get you long way.

4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

As others have said let him talk to his mom.
    If you don't like ur mil don't talk to her.
    If he is angry,just ignore.
    Can't please him all the time

bluerainbow, sindmani and Preethies like this.
  5. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Its strange that even your MIL acts as if she never spoke to her son. She has all rights to actually speak,in other words,no one on earth has the authority to stop them from communicating with each other.

If your DH is not supporting you,fight your battle yourself. Not allowing him to talk to his mother is not going to help.Infact it will make him feel that you are actually bad and put you in poor light.

The same time,no one can force you to talk to your MIL. It should come to you naturally. If he is annoyed, let him be,ask him to either help sort the situation or leave the situation as it is. I would say,maintain a distance with your MIL,but have some communication. Because in future if some family occasion comes up,you will be in tough spot with zero communication with her and a non supportive DH. DILs dont have much choice but to listen to the elders of the family to save their own peace.Pick your battles that are worth fighting for.

sindmani, Preethies and yellowmango like this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...you should not object to your husband talking to his mother.
    Would you like if he expects you to stop talking to your mother ?

As for mil talking bad about you ...you can ask her politely in front of your husband that you have heard about her saying things about you .Tell her she should be careful about who she talks to to and just smile.

If she denies....just smile .let her know you get to know what she talks to others . She will stop the free bad mouthing and may be restrict it to a select few.Even then she will be worried.

Don't tell her who told you...just smile and move away.

Don't spoil relations with husband over this .Not worth it .
    Just wish her formally when your husband calls and give him the phone back....but don't stop talking unless she directly misbehaves with you.

sindmani and Preethies like this.
  7. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

yellow , i dont think she wants her husband not to talk with his mom ..i think she is upset that her mil lies about it

Preethies likes this.
  8. Preethies

Preethies Junior IL'ite

9. Preethies

Preethies Junior IL'ite

Exactly. ThNks for understanding

10. Preethies

Preethies Junior IL'ite

My husband does not want me to talk to my mom my brother or any of my relatives. All the time he wants me to serve good to his family .. if I go to my moms place then the issue kicks in. We are staying abroad yearly once we go to India for a month time. Even on that month time also I can't stay in moms place for a day. Entire family creates all sort of drama.
    Fights between us in these three yrs is at least once or twice rest entire things come from the wrong inputs from my mil. Once I called my mil and inform abt an issue. She asks everything and told me to delete the call history I made her and she promises she ll not disclose my name on it . But she immediately calls him and tell everything so badly and he come home and hit me badly and the eardrum got ruptured. I suffered almost all sort of torchers from these ppl.. I dono how to tell him dat this my mother is important but he should consider his wife as a human first. I try my level best explaining but end up with nothing good