1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother-in-law,anagram Of Woman -hitler

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Mar 22, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

I agree Madam. The patriarchal values, we should not forget, were nourished mainly by women.Men would say"we did not ask for any favour.
    It came automatically to us, gifted to us and why we should deny.You ask any educated mother now with a son.The first lesson she teaches her son is not to degrade girl or woman on any acoount.In middle class families MIL DIL clash is very much reduced and we long for a day of total harmony with 'nil' clash.
    jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

:hello:Thanks.
    This is what perhaps the phrase “handed down from generation to generation” means.
    Regards.

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Frivolous comment moved to Gabfest.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  4. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

Nice take on how the relationship dynamics have changed over the decades. But one thing was missed. If there are two DILs in a house, then one is always a winner and other is a loser. That has unfortunately remained the same over the generations :(.

5. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I have had a good relationship with my MIL. It was only possible because both of us started the relationship with a open mind and a open heart. If one of us had a narrow outlook, I would not be writing this response today. I am not saying everything was smooth sailing. Over the years I have ignored the subtle comments about my cooking , Punjabi culture etc as a random error in judgment ( or being surrounded by pure Tam Brahm aunties that influenced her unknowingly). I have also stuck to being unapologetic about my loud Punjabi culture and ghee loaded aloo parathas ( Rasam never causes one to break wind , I was told).
    In the end, things have worked. We both got lucky , not every DIL will ignore the subtle comments and nor every MIL will put up with the parathas.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@SinghManisha,

If you like to see the reverse of Tam Brahm girl marrying a Punjabi boy, you should watch a Tamil movie called "Abhiyum nanum". I am not sure whether it has subtitle for you to understand. You should ask your husband to explain every comedy scene. Mostly, from the body language, you can understand the jokes.

SinghManisha likes this.