1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mosquito bites on15 day old

Discussion in 'Infants' started by loonypooh, Oct 21, 2009.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

shall try the mosquito net and see if she is wiggly or sleeps.... sounds safest to me, if not maybe should try something else!!

we do have mosquito screens at all windows.... but since we live in a house there are a gazzlion doors... here n there, and many a times mozzies do make their way in.

i have been fumigating the house every few months , but since theres a forest college campus nearby, mosquitoes are our frequent visitors lol!

2. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Poonam, what did you end up with ... I am seeing a couple of mosquito bites in her face too... how do manage to tie a net if the bed is not with the facility?

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Vidyaa - My cousin had a mos. net around her bed. Your cot need not have the facility. You can put it up with some nails on the walls. I am also planning to do it once I go back to my house next month.

4. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Sumanr, Vidyaa,

We are planning to attach a small 1ft pipe (aluminium or plastic) on all four legs of the bed. Then buy four lengthy ones, which cud be inserted into those permanent 1ft ones. Daily these attachments need to be put, by 5pm, have the net on. Morning take it off... in my place we r not supposed to nail the walls.

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

vidya i got the umbrella kinda mozzie net for her... its quite big though so since we co sleep DH sleeps in living or ;ays a bed on the floor... but no more mozzie bites for her
    something like this[​IMG]

sindmani likes this.
  6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Vidyaa,

I had a similar umbrella net for mosquitoes, it was a bit small and suitable from day zero to 3 months. We do not have much mosquitoes so I found it helpful. It is not useful after three months with the wiggling and constant nursing the net becomes a problem also you cannot co-sleep i.e. three in a bed. Long term options like netlon for windows/ net over the bed/ closing windows in the evenings help.

You need to find the best suitable option in your case. Let us know.

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Poonam - I am also using the mosquitoe net like thing, not the umbrella one, but something similar. But one prob is that I cannot co-sleep. But these days, she either sleeps in the bed alone, where I put her under the umbrella or in the cradle which has a net. Only prob is when she co-sleeps and nurses, she is prone to bites :((

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

lynette we didnt get a smaller one!! so DH bought size medium n it fits her crib... guessing we can use it till she is 2 yrs old lol!

ramya she doesnt like to sleep in her crib these days esp at night. shewants to sleep right nxt to me. n this mozzie net is so big that DH has no room left... so if this continues for long i am planning to get the net done for the bed...we dont hv a hook in the ceiling... have to ask my crafty DH to come up with some ideas

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  9. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

LOL 2 yrs good one. I once seen my DD kicking off the net in the middle of the night and once nibbling the ends like a mouse.

10. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi mommies.

Nice conversation about Mosquito menace !!! I am literally smiling when I was reading your words.
    Will be very useful for me and I will have to revise this thread, once landing-Chennai, in near future...!!!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009