month calculation confusion

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by krithi1611, May 18, 2015.

1. krithi1611

krithi1611 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    My sister got conceived last month-april and she confirmed by doctor on April 17th like 6weeks pregnant. as per day/month calculator - she is 10weeks pregnant- means still in 3rd month right.but her Mil -counting this 4th month as per tamil month(vaikasi month started on may 15th 2015).

Her first day of LMP-on March 8th and that time tamil month running was massi,
    so masi panguni, chithirai an vaigasi ...like that her mil telling. my doubt here is

how come masi will be considered since March 15th- new tamil month started.
    for 1 week masi how she s considering tat and now telling this s 4th month.

if I follow that, then as per mil due will be November na, but actually baby due was dec 13/12 of 2015.
    please share your views quickly

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Tamil month calculation differs. As per tamil month calculation of my MIL i'm 7 months where as based on last period date i'm 24 weeks.
    Tamil calculation is mainly for conducting valaikappu and other functions. Calculate the weeks based on her last periods date only.

3. krithi1611

krithi1611 New IL'ite

but baby growth might be vary na then, that is why am getting confusion here.
    Why to do valaikappu and other functions. it s all for goodness of baby and mother na.
    in my sister case only you al please tell. Masi month she got last periods does not mean that now she s in 4th month :(

4. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

@krithi1611,

As per Tamil month what your sister MIL is saying is correct.

Why are you bothered about the calculation now?