Money matters

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Viswamitra, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Congratulations on starting a retail business and I wish you good luck. You have to create three different speeches that you could verbalize. The initial pitch to explain your product in less than a minute which we call as elevator pitch. The attention span of people to hear about the retail product is very short and you have to remember that they make instant decision as well. So always remember your changes of success is 50:50 and always pay attention to 50% chances to sell the product.

If you succeed in selling, you need to have a pleasant exchange that would make the person remember you well to refer to others. In retail referral is a big business with zero effort from your end.

If you do not succeed in your effort with one person, do not lose heart and deliver a speech thanking for the time. Professionalism expressed when we hear "no" sometimes win the heart of the user.

Always remember the worst case scenario is someone going to say no. It is worth trying to sell. 50% chance of saying yes is a good ratio to work on.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  2. premabarani

premabarani Gold IL'ite

Hi Viswa
    You have correctly said about the mnoney. You need to give due respect to the money ( as we believe it is god of wealth) , though money is not all that matters. Only then it stays with us.I learnt a good habit from my husband-- whenever gifting a vallet for anyone he keeps movey in that & gift it wishing money-flow for the receiver as well as the gifter.
    Have a nice day.
    Prema Barani

3. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

A small correction to ur point no 7.

7) We need to have adequate life insurance to protect our family in our absence

Its better for men or for DH's to take Pure term(Pure risk) Insurance Policy or any life insurance with riders under Married women Property Act 1874.It doesn't cost u anything extra if it is in India.

Few Quotes reg Value or role of Money in our lives

"When money talks. nobody checks the grammar."

popular quote from lord of war movie "I had a flair for languages. But I soon discovered that what talks best is dollars, dinars, drachmas, rubles, rupees and pounds ****ing sterling. "

4. Viswamitra

Prema,

Giving the wallet with money in it as wishing them to be prosperous. It has been a tradition for a long time. Thanks for mentioning it in this thread.

Viswa

5. Viswamitra

Thank you for your response.

Viswa