1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Momodaks !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chokkanayaki, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Chokkanayaki

Chokkanayaki Silver IL'ite

"Lambodhara , Where art thou ? I am very busy today. Please do not trouble me dear son,”prayed a helpless Parvati…She was busy decorating her abode on the auspicious day.The ice capped Kailash mountains wore a festive look.

Vinayaka was an obedient child.He doted on his parents Shiva and Parvati .but was also upto some mischief ,all the time.Whenever he demanded attention , the entire Nandi force would dance to his tune..It was a Chathurthi and the tantrums had just begun.

Sensing that the kid must be hungry , Parvati went behind him with a bowl of Boiled Rice Porridge.”Ganapathy , “she cajoled him….”Dear Son,Please have this porridge..I have added your favourite cashews,raisins and almonds too ..I know you love it my sweetheart.You are the apple of my eye.I promise you a feast later in the day..What would you like my dear Modaka Hastha?” lovingly she enquired.

She embraced him and planted a kiss on his chubby cheek…

With a solemn look on his face,Ganesh pushed his mother and ran away to the farthest corner of the room.He crossed his legs and sat facing the wall…Parvati moved ahead and lovingly caressed her child…He was unmoved though and ignored her pleas…

”We will have laddu kuzhakattai,idli,appam and sundal for lunch.I will also prepare your favourite Urandai payasam,”said a beaming mother.”Would you like Vada Sambhar with a generous helping of home made ghee ?’she asked..The lad was undeterred and he did not look back…He still seemed very upset….

Parvati was trying to be calm and the little boy was testing her patience..Sternly she addressed him “Gajamukha,I expect you to be well behaved. Of late,I observe that you are losing interest in studies and I see you most of the time with a comic book in your hand.Your behaviour is disturbing..Is it the Dennis influence? I am no Margaret remember and I will not allow you to become a spoilt brat…I will order Nandi to dispose off the Dennis the Menace comics immediately.I hope you can understand.”…she sounded real aggressive.

“Mother is serious…I better pacify her and get my job done.,”mused Ganesha..”What are you mumbling? “Parvati seethed in anger….”Get ready soon.Your father will be here any moment and if he sees you in this state, he will open his third eye and do not complain that I did not warn beforehand,”she added..

"Oh ! No Ma….I promise to be a good boy..But !!!!!!"……" But what ??? "Parvati retorted with anger…..”Ma ! Can you please make some additions in the menu for the day ? begged Ganesha. “Ofcourse not, Parvati said..Are you mad ? The delicacies are tailor made for you only…Talk sense Ganesha,”she went on to say…

Sensing her anger, Ganesha replied ”That’s Fine with me Ma…but you could atleast bring in some more variety ,Please !!!!!!..…Vignesha pleaded…

Now this was getting too much for Parvati to tolerate…”Do not blabber ,Gowri Nandana..The preparations are ready and the menu is fixed.”Do you understand ?

MooshikaVahana was not going to give in either.

Then I will be forced continue to observe my fast here,he said….He was adamant,Parvati was furious.

Yet ! sensing the urgency,to move on,finally she decided to relent and find out what was ailing him.She asked “ Now what is it that you really want ?”

“Come up with it.I cannot afford to fritter away valuable time,”she added

”Ma ! Just take a handful of finely shredded beans, carrots, cabbage and capsicum…Fry ginger ,ground pepper and green chillies in little ghee,add the shredded veggies and saute them..Mix salt and keep the mixture aside..Make a small ball from the Kozhakattai dough.Flatten it on your palm and fill it with the veg mixture.Close the sides and shape it like a boat.Steam it and delicious MOMOS will be ready..Ma ! Its as simple as making the Kuzhakattais,and you are an expert,”saying he smiled….”Can you pleeeeeeeease make some of these VEG MOMOS also for lunch today ?…You are such a sweet mother and an awesome cook,”…saying he hugged her tightly..

As glaciers melted in the nearby mountains, a mother’s heart was melting too and a proud Father watched the scene,Misty ThreeEyed ……:)

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

You are a MOMO lover too after all!
    Nice one Chokkanayaki. Good concept selling too. :) -rgs