Misuse Of Voter Id Card

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mimi77, Aug 6, 2018.

1. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My husband's voter ID card and Ration card is with his father ......just a general discussion the other day when his father was mentioning that someone else voted using my husband's voter id card.....Im scared that it might be further misused.....I have requested my father in law several times to hand us the id cards but somehow he doesnt give......does this have the potential to create further problem or it is ok if they have the cards

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Obviously it’s a crime if someone misutilize your ID card. Tell him you need it for official purpose.
    If not why don’t you apply for a new one with current address. It’s always good to have the details uptodate .

3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Did your fil get any money from that “someone else” ?

4. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

I have no idea......is there a possibility?....I think its quite an offence not to give us the id cards inspite of so much of request

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Why is your FIL holding on to the cards?

6. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

No idea.....just no idea

7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

did your dil give the card to someone to vote or did he find out in polling booth someone had voted

first case warranties further discussion , second case no one has control , having cards won't ensure prevention

where will they misuse it, now s days everywhere aadhsr card is being asked. voter card I don't think.can be used as proof

8. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Yes there’s a possibility. Fake votes happens like this. Voters get paid as per the number of voters id per house or some takes the voters id to use it themselves. Both gets money from local politicians. This is very prominent in middle class, local areas. Have heard of it, so sharing.

Maybe he doesn’t want to give it to you because he feels it’s more useful to him. Or he feels that it’s important to hold on to id proofs in case of any unfortunate incidents.

9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

oh god speculations , does you FIL stay in a low.income.locality that he gets money for vote, is he so poor that he will share the card for 1000 or 2000.....do you have any details ...

Anyway if you are in a new city , find out procedures to get yourself registered as voter for that place. it usually happens at census time but your ward office can tell you proceduure

also ration card is for entire family so they cannot just give it you. most middle class families and youngsters don't apply for ration card any more , if you are worried ,go to local ration card office and get your self.one , as part of the process the name in older ration card will.be purged .

do you have aadhar , where did you apply it at your place or your fIL place ?

chill ,ask your husband to find out..let him follow the procedure and get himself added to new voter list and get a new ration card.

Where are your cards by the way ,with your FiL or parents or with you?

If you are abroad , next time when you.go to.india ,ask your husbad to remove the name from ration card himself if the rules allow

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  10. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

ive one query.. if she applies for new one ...will the old one be null n void ?? can the father still use the old one ( logically it shdnt be)... what is the procedure?? pls let all know