Missed miscarraige at 7 weeks--reasons to be known

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sruthi84, Feb 11, 2016.

1. sruthi84

sruthi84 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I had my 1st ICSI in jan and my beta levels started with 195 on 14dp3dt.I was on PIO shots,ecosprin,progynova and prenatals after positive beta.when i went for a viability scan on 6 W 2D i was measuring 4 days behind which was acceptable as per doctor.Today after a week when i went for a reconfirmation sadly baby dint grow and was not having a heartbeat.She gave the report as missed miscarraige.Itz been 5 long years and several failures i thought i have a success ..i am devastated right now and have to meet doc to understand the reasons..I suspect it is due to low hcg???will have to ask her...thanks for listening ...

2. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Sorry about your loss.Normally such a miscarriage happens because of chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo formed.Its natures way of getting rid of an unhealthy embryo.Normally you need to repeat the beta every alternative day to see how the beta is rising,at least 3 times after the first positive.In your case it wouldnt have risen the way it should have.Dont worry as of now,i am sure since there was a positive again you can rule out that you dont have any implantation issues.Take a break ,eat healthy ,exercise and be fit before you try an another cycle.
    You are in my prayers.

3. sruthi84

sruthi84 New IL'ite

Hey jaden,
    The beta was rising normally.Doubling time was 40 hrs.Everything was normal till six weeks.We have seen the heartbeat as well.Hmm..Yes even doc says that chromosomal abnormalities might be the reason.I was wondering,does it have any connection with improper cleaving of embryos?

Ladies i would need one more suggestion.Doc says that i would have a natural miscarraige.Can u say how long would it take ??

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sruthi,
    Very sorry about the miscarriage. Hope your body recovers from it soon.
    Eat good and take care of yourself.

Sticky baby dust to you.

5. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

sorry for ur loss...Take care.Things will turn out well soon.

6. afcpreethi

afcpreethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sruthi,

I dont know how could I console you. I am really sorry for your loss. Try to recover soon.

Cheers
    Preethi