1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Miscellaneous Media News Or Discussions

Discussion in 'TV' started by Dhamini, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

It’s harassment done for the security reasons. That’s why I told handled wrongly. It’s a very important event as far as TN is concerned and police were over vigilant and handled these issues in a hard way. Tibet is a sensitive issue as far as China is concerned and our government will not allow any untoward incidents happening here. They lack infrastructure like western countries to tackle it easily. They wanted to be sure about any protests to even happen.

This video does discuss about the security issues and also some difficulties.

periamma and Murano like this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Imrankhan is a good cricketer but not an able politician.

Anusha2917 and Murano like this.
  3. Murano

Murano Guest

under the oscars foreign film category, countries are competing. can't blame them.

4. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

The current jokers who are screwing up the economy are not better than the past. Just another variation of the worst with a stunt-master as the leader.

Dhamini and Murano like this.
  5. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

Yes, it’s a political gimmick. That’s what most people will think given the stance during the recent storm devastation in TN and unhelpful attitude.
    I am not a Modi supporter overall but I took this Chinese PM visit as a boost to the local morale of our state. For a long time, I haven’t come across any top international official holding even an informal meeting here, let alone a formal meeting. That’s the only reason, I felt that let this be a beginning.
    For the public in general, it looks so surprising to have international figures hold such meeting or summits. Were it held in Delhi or Mumbai, none would have even blinked an eye or given a second thought,including myself. But when it happens here, we are all thinking and trying to find reasons. That’s what is pathetic in our country. Every city in different states should be given equal opportunities to hold such meetings and given such chances quite often.
    I can understand what might have been the secondary motive or whatever but for now I am just happy that Chennai had been the venue. Whether this meeting had eventually helped with the economy we don’t know; but I am just happy we did a good job without any major issues.

periamma, Murano, Sunshine04 and 2 others like this.
  6. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

If Dhamini re-classifies the thread title as tamil, then the technicality of language can be taken care of :)

7. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Not required. I see a few non Tamils participate here and it's only right we keep the discussion in a language they understand.

8. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

Media initially were telling that China was the one deciding on venue. Later the ministry of external affairs told PM decided on it. I think without the Chinese approval they wouldn’t decide on these. It had to be mutual given the tightened security. Moreover the Chinese would have liked to come to some place of historical significance.

SpringB, periamma and Murano like this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

If such meetings were held in north, we South Indians would again question how government is so partial by organising only in north. Why can’t they do in south ? They don’t consider south to be a part of India.

If at all they do we again question why should we host such events? Why should we spoil our cities by hosting such events.
    Why should we establish industries in our cities and spoil our city?
    If no industries are established then again we blame unemployment etc etc

The thing is we have problem for everything! We are very good at mocking and criticism irrespective of any parties.

Ofcourse BJP government did mistakes like Demonetisation and GST. It was very poorly organised and we all had to go thorough hell.
    I still remember scolding him when I was waiting for my turn at an ATM to withdraw money.

But atleast he is trying to do something!
    International media is very good at portraying Modi as narcissist and promoting Hindutva. And next time try to check who is the journalist(religion?) of that.

And for people who are calling him he is Hindu nationalist. What’s wrong in promoting the culture and heritage of India.

What’s wrong in promoting Yoga? It does belong to India. It has got nothing to do with religion.
    There are gyms in US which has yoga sessions too. And there are many Americans eager to learn.

In this age of westernisation he is atleast trying to preserve and protect the heritage and culture.

Ofcourse there are some stupid people who simply start attacking the minorities. Every religion has such retards who fight in the name of religion.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Dhamini and Anusha2917 like this.
  10. Murano

Murano Guest

lol

this is what is exactly happening in india, the present govt blames the past saying they were appeasing the minorities.

how different is it here?

SpringB likes this.