Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by kavithams, Jan 7, 2012.
if anyone know how to make Mirthanya soup..please let me know,
i enquired to all my friends and closest recipie i could get is this :-
15-20 curry leaves
3 tsp jeera
Asafoetida (a pinch)
3 tsp sesame oil (Til Oil)
Tamarind pulp (Lemon size tamarind soaked in water and made into a pulp)
Salt to taste
Jaggery – a small piece
1. Take the curry leaves, jeera, peppercorns and some of the tamarind pulp and grind to a smooth paste.
2. Add some water to the remaining tamarind pulp (about 1- 1 1/2 cup water to 1 cup of tamarind pulp). The result should be a soup like consistency, not too watery, not too thick.
3. Take a heavy bottomed vessel or kachitti if you own one. Add the sesame oil to it and heat it on a low flame. After the oil gets hot, add the asafoetida first. Wait till it starts to smoke a little (make sure it doesn’t burn just enough to get an aroma), then add the jeera or cumin seeds.
4. After about 2 minutes, add the tamarind water, then add the jeera-peppercorn paste. Add salt to taste. Turn the flame to low and cook for about 10 minutes. The mixture will start to boil and thicken a little.
5. Add the piece of jaggery and boil for another 5 minutes. The kuzhambu should now resemble a thickened soup.
Enjoy with hot white rice and some dry vegetable and vadam(vadiyalu/ or chips.