1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil Creating Lot Of Problems! Please Help

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Meena2017, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Meena2017

Meena2017 New IL'ite

hi ladies

For connection of the story please refer to my previous thread with title"depressed please help!help!"
    she stay with us just for a week and fight with me four times.My husband was doing packing to go for training session to usa for 1 week.Before the day of his flight he has to stay at sis inlaw house for 1 day and 1 night to drop my mil.soo today my husband was doing packing his clothes to leave....as i already told he does not talk to me from last 10 days...mil was irritating me by asking why my son does not look happy....what happened ...bla bla..i did not give her any clue what is the real matter.then she try asking my husband when i was in another room.she ask my husband that did i talked to him yet or not?now i come to the point , he was packing clothes to leave and then he start pressing his clothes likes shirts,after some time mil come into our room and ask my husband that she will do the pressing clothes and she look like really weird.i suddenly realised the bag in which my hubby packed passport,,,there was mine too.when i check hubby bag i did not found my passport,i get stress out,,,then i checked my bag,purse and suitcases and everywhere and cant find anywhere.then to make sure i check my hubby another bag, then mil see this and go to my hubby and tell she will lost your documents,,,,i heard that and came to room and ask hubby in polite way that have you seen my passport.he reply rudely 'what can i do'.then mil said in very rude manner oh what are you doing by checking all the bags and going here and there.u will lost his documents rather than helping him to pressing his clothes.then i said iam just looking for my documents,,,, how i lost his documents.she said oh you just wake up to check it now in minute. i did not say anything to her but go to kitchen to divert my mind when i could not found piece of mind then i asked her how i will lost his documents...are you more worried than me??,,,,are not those documents important to me?? then she says you dont know what are you doing,,,,,a wife has the responsibilty to press the husband clothes. then i said it is not the trend here...everyone should do their own.then she said oh you talk about the rights and you dont know your responsibilities....what the hell.she might be filling the ear of my husband.we had a ugly fight between i and mil.at last i asked her did you came here to fight,then she slow down.then my husband give me the passport in angry manner....i say thanks and keep it with me.they left for sis inlaw house and i said bye to both of them.....kindly tell me m i right or wrong....how to handle all this drama.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

2. Meena2017

Meena2017 New IL'ite

3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Husband and MIL away?
    Make yourself a good cup of tea, make yourself comfortable on the couch , put on your favorite tv show and enjoy !
    Also remind yourself that you are the one that's working and financially helping the husband . Remind yourself that you are strong and better than the MIL . Remind yourself that you are independent and can thrive without any of their help, beautifully . Remind yourself that you are better than this and will not put up with the husband or IL's behavior. And finally Pat yourself on the back for not ironing your husband's clothes and rejoice that you have your passport back ! Focus on being financially and emotionally independent , rest jaaye bhaad main! Good luck and take care !

meVaidehi, Laks09, Dishaa and 8 others like this.
  4. Meena2017

Meena2017 New IL'ite

Thanks dear
    you make my spirit high as i was feeling low today.

sindmani and Sandycandy like this.
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

:grinning: agree with Sandycandy .. enjoy ..
    Don't spoil the moment with what happened yesterday..

It is quite natural for a mom to be overprotective of her son. That s what she is doing .. but she forgot that you are also your mom's darling, now end up like this.

Anyway you did what you thought the right thing to do.. but my suggestion will be not to take much to heart. Just listen and leave it through other ear.. always maintain a respectable distance with MIL. Give respect and take respect as much as possible. Always remember, she is your dh's mom, not your mom. Politically, just ignore many things you don't like.. arguing won't help.. it worsen the situation.. also your dh also take it in bad way...use your brain well

So just enjoy the moment, do whatever that make you happy, fill your moment with positive thoughts.. Try to behave like nothing happened and be pleasant & positive next time you interact with your MIL and dh.. cheer up girl, practice makes man perfect..life teach us many things everyday..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  6. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

I suggest that you keep your posts to one thread only.That way , it will be easier for anyone to go through the whole MIL problem in one thread.Now coming to the issue, good that you have your passport, and you are alone. Enjoy this time as advised above.Your husband will be back soon, you won't get this time back. Don't call your MIL or SIL. As for the husband,send him a safe flight etc text before he leaves. And if he has a phone number in US, give him a call ( just 1, no ringing back if he doesn't pick up) same time every day. Talk about his day and work . Keep it short.Thats it. Leave MIL drama behind.

Sandycandy and Meena2017 like this.
  7. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

8. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

Nice advice