1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Meaningful life it is in our hand

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sreemanavaneeth, Apr 19, 2011.

1. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Everybody's life should be meaningful and to be worth to proove themselves to realise and to cherish. Hence this write up. Hope it is meaningful

Follow your Aspirations. Sometimes we confuse aspirations with personal goals, but they are completely different. Aspirations are the answer to the question: “What do I want to give the world?” Whereas personal goals are the answer to the question, “What do I want the world to give me?”

Be Passionate. Whenever you do something that you are passionate about, it gives meaning to life. Sometimes it can be difficult to balance work, relationships, and passion. But a life without being passionate about something can feel empty.

Live by your code of Ethics. Every person needs a personal ethical code to have a meaningful life. An ethical code is a set of values that you uphold, even if the consequences might be painful for yourself.

Cultivate compassionate. Compassion happens when we stop being the center of our concern, and open to the suffering of others. If we focus on ourselves as the center of the universe and our thoughts revolve around how we were, how we will be, or how others see us – our life will ultimately feel meaningless. Compassion is a way of looking beyond our own needs, to those of others.

Be kind.Kindness is not just a feeling, it’s an emotion that leads to action. Kindness gives warmth to a life. Each kind interaction triggers a feeling of connection and pleasure. Actually, kind action is something that gives meaning to your life AND makes you feel happy!

Be in service to a greater cause. A great way to give depth and meaning to your life is to do volunteer work. Whether you coach a basketball team for streetkids, or help out with the elderly, or raise money to alleviate world poverty, whenever you step in to serve a greater cause, you give your life meaning.

Strive for a better future. Striving for a better future can take many forms, but it always entails developing as a human being. If you strive for a better future, you subscribe to life-long learning. New skills make us more effective in the world, both for our own life, as well as for the cause we serve.

So what about happiness? How do meaning and happiness intersect? My take is that happiness is the by-product of a meaningful life. On its own – as a life goal – happiness can feel shallow. But once you focus on leading a meaningful life, you will feel fulfilled and experience not only fleeting sensations of happiness, but a lasting sense of joy. Everything how, in what manner, good , bad , beauty, ugly whatever is happening is depend upon ourselves to measure the meaning, joy, sorrow, kind etc., All the things are centred around happiness and bring more meaningful to our LIFE.

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear sreema,

That's yet another thought-provoking post and clearly a jewel in your crown:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Keep them coming!!

:cheers

Saras

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

An inspiring post Sreema!! Beautiful write up!! I loved the difference between aspirations and personal goal.

Akila

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

What can I say? You always have such meaningful views to share that it brings happiness at the end of reading them!

PS: Just curious here thats all. Why do all the comments go into moderation???

5. sreemanavaneeth

THANK YOU FOR YOUR NICE COMMENTS KNOT2SHARE

6. sreemanavaneeth

MY SWEET SARAS,
    YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT MY BLOG IS A VERY VALUABLE JEWEL ON MY CROWN .
    TKS A LOT

7. sreemanavaneeth

8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Nice blog Sreema. The first is somewhat similar to one of JFK's famous quote. And a nice sum up too. -rgs

9. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Really Thought Provoking.....Loved the way you are writing your blogs

Uma