1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me and microsoft sam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iniyamalar, Dec 6, 2010.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

hilarious one.... Enjoyed it!!!

ilt

2. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

A good write up , I also tried in Windows 7 version on our new lap top and the same thing happened with the transcription as it's tuned to Americanized English.. We had fun training this and you need to have patience and good throat to keep on repeating. But for that its a superb tool for those who want to write but do not have time to sit and type.

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Very hilarious Malar, supero super :rotfl:rotfl
    I have experienced the same when calling banks/billing etc and the automated system never ever recognizes my pronunciation. I asked a few friends working in customer support if they ever listen to the recorded calls(calls might be recorded for quality purposes), they said they some times do and I was wondering which punniyavaan(gifted person) gets to listen to my rants when the machine doesn't understand me :rotfl:bonk

4. adismom

adismom Bronze IL'ite

Malar,that was simply hilarious.You are incredibly witty.

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Iniyamalar, i visited the thread late but it sounds evergreen. [​IMG]Enjoyed it word by word. [​IMG][​IMG]Thanks for sharing the hillarious incident and making me laugh.[​IMG]

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Iniyamalar,

Absolutely hilarious post. I remember that experience from the time my bil gifted dh with a voice recognition contraption. It was infuriating how it would keep typing complete abrakadabra and finally it found its resting place in some remote dark corner of a drawer which is never opened.

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Iniyamalar,

Congratulations on being nominated to FP of the month and this time, not for one of your fictions!

For once, you have come out of your sci-fi world and have explained here how you put up a fight with the hi-fi world!:rotfl

After reading your stories, I would have imagined it to be a child's play for you to deal with anything electronic!! Nice to know that you too have struggles like any of us. You see how your fiction has impressed me! :thumbsup

Instead of squirming in my seat like I do when I read your fiction, this had me falling off my chair with all the laughter. Hilarious is the word! Your reproduction of Sam's words was simply funny!

L, Kamla

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Malar dear superb post and hilarious too, shows how much patience you had . Had a good laugh

9. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Hai malar,

That was really hilarious post.. had good laugh:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Shanti

10. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

haiyoooo ennala.. mudiyaalaaa... i just laughed a lot by reading yours.... such a superb writing.. very good...... just started my day... very good.. thanks a lot for that... have a great writing....