Mashroom recepie

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by deepurushi, Jan 30, 2012.

1. deepurushi

deepurushi New IL'ite

pls tell me the recepie of mashrooms using less masala or with out masala.

2. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

this is our fav mushroom receipe...

you will need-

1 cup sliced mushrooms
    2-3 green chillies
    1/4 cup grated coconut
    5-6 curry leaves
    5-6 chopped pearl onions
    1 tsp mustard seeds
    salt to taste

procedure-
    1.in a bowl, mix the pearl onions, salt, curry leaves, green chilies, and coconut. using your hands (to make things easier you can grind it in the mixie, but by mixing with your hands- the taste is enhaced) squash and mix the ingredients well (say for about 5-10 mins).

2.in a pan, heat oil and splutter the mustard seeds. add the mixture (above one) and saute in light flame. in about 2-3 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms. close with a lid and let it cook over slow flame. keep checking and stirring the mix occasionally. it takes about 15 mins for the mushrooms to get cooked and the mix's flavour to get to it.

3. you can serve this with chappattis or rice.

3. lakkulatha

lakkulatha New IL'ite

button mushroom -1cup , fennel seeds -1tsp , garlic -4 cloves, ginger -1 nob ,crushed pepper -1tsp, curry leaves -1arch,salt to taste ,oil as required/3tsp
    method heat the pan put oil to heat add fennel,crushed ginger,garlic,curryleaves add sliced mushroom,saute till it shrinked sprinkle crushed pepper and salt to taste.thats how i make this

4. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

In Pan add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds little, 2 Finely chopped onions, 3 chopped green chillies, 4 mashed pods of garlic, once they are cooked add 3 chopped tomates, pinch of mashed ginger, add mushrooms,turmeric powder, salt and cover the pan with lid, allow until the mushrooms cooked. Once cooked add fennel powder 1/4 spoon and coriander leaves

5. deepurushi

deepurushi New IL'ite

Thanks everyone for ur reply

6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

HOpe I'm not too late. I got this recipe from a friend a few weeks back and just tried it. Turned out really good.

Ingredients:
    To season:
    Mustard seeds - 1/2 spoon
    Urad dal - 1/2 spoon
    Cumin seeds - 1/2 spoon
    Curry leaves - a sprig

Mushroom - I use closed cup mushrooms, about 300 gms, cut to chunks
    Onions - 2 medium - slit lengthwise
    Green chili - 1 - slit

Coriander seeds - 5 spoons
    Red chilies -2 or 3 as per your taste
    A sprig of curry leaves
    Grated coconut - 5 spoons

Salt to taste and oil.

In a pan, heat a spoon of oil and toast the coriander seeds, dry red chilies, curry leaves and grated coconut. All one after the other in the same order. Cool this and make it into a fine paste.

Heat oil and season with mustard seeds, urad dal and cumin seeds. Fry one slit chili and add the curry leaves. Fry onions until soft. Next add the mushrooms and salt and saute just for a minute. To this add the paste, enough water and simmer. Once the raw smell is gone, the mushrooms are cooked and thick consistency is reached, the gravy is ready. This goes best with rice.

The first time I tried, the gravy turned out a little watery, so I added a spoon of tomato paste and it did the trick.