1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by forumvisitor01, May 19, 2006.

1. Hi,

I am very happy to be part of this forum and hope to get good information on marriage. My husband is a nice person who is very straightforward and honest. I have no major complaints about him, but in our few years of marriage, i have some observations - For anyone outside our relationship, he seems to be a very responsible and serious person, but when it comes to our personal life, he behaves more like a kid and leaves me with all the worrying for any decision that we need to make - domestic issues like resolving bill problems to relocation. He wants to wait till the last minute and doesn't want me to stop worrying and not discuss anything at all. This makes me stressed out as I have to start worrying for him as well. I am getting tired of this and want him to be the man of the house.

I have another problem now. He is having some problem at his work. He is a very smart person and highly appreciated for all his work. I know how hard he worked for his promotion and he deserves it. Unfortunately, he was not promoted and so wants to quit his job immediately. I am not worred about him or me getting a job in the new place close to my in-laws. But we had already made plans of bringing our parents and things are arranged. He feels that we should cancel it now. I do not want to do that since I am sure we will not get another opportunity to bring them here. Even if we did, we will not take it up since his parents are retiring soon and they will not want to be away from him. Moreover, it will be difficult for us in later years when we have kids. I feel now is the best time for me to bring my parents. He doesn't seem to understand that and wants us to go back to my in-laws place.

My concerns are:
    1. Should he not consider my feelings when it comes to relocation and wait for another 5-6 months? Or should I move with him anyway? Both of us cannot live separately since we love each other and cannot imagine living without the other.

2. How should I make him understand that he needs to step up and take much more responsibilities at home?

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Forumvisitor

Where are you based,your location says India,but your query reg. bringing your parents here sounds more like you are based outside India,probably U.S

3. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

My brother was the best man. He started talking with DH listing all my 'nice qualities' and suggested that he save himself by escaping through the back door. The brave man decided to risk it. I came to know about this after the wedding. I am sure every marriage will have a few such betrayers lurking around.

15 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hahahahaha. Eandian, who needs enemies when we have siblings around to do a sterling job for us? Mine a female "manist" actually warned BH that he did not know what he was letting himself into. BH did not realize what she was going on about (I don't remember who told me this story - sis or BH - it is such an old story now). Too bad, if he had had his wits about them, he would have been a happy bachelor now and me a merry spinster. :rotfl And who knows, sis would have been an old story, buried in the backyard. :-D

4 people like this.
  5. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Omg, my second toe is way too long and very obvious.:spin My family was in mad rush to bid bye bye to me With the eligible bachelor as they knew I would rule the kingdom with my long toe. Think they were happy to see off hitler didi.:rant
    Poor h after 25 + years of marriage he is still clueless about what he got into and the meaning of my long toe. He thinks it's a beauty mark for beautiful woman as the tour guide at a historical temple told him the sculptured woman statues at temple had longer second toe.:rotfl
    H thinks he is married to a beautiful proportional girl(woman) :hide:and he is the king of the jungle. Only I know the truth.:thumbsup

12 people like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Eandian dear it was interesting to read your post. In my case in both the feet the last little finger is the fourth finger. Dont knowwhat it specified or it must be God forgot to put the last finger last.

2 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha. Vijima, after reading your post and Eandian's I could not resist stretching out my feet to check out if all my toes were in descending order of length. :-D

3 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear hope your fingers are in order

2 people like this.
  9. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

Nice and hilarious post. Even I have my second finger longer than the toe finger in my both feet. Many have opined also that I may not obey anyone........ poor my DH married me and fyi, his second fingers are smaller than this toes.......

I dont have brother so there was none to warn my DH before the wedding..........

Enjoyed your post.

PS: Viji...... your post is a news to me....... Are you sure that you have one less??????

Best Regards
    Shanti

1 person likes this.
  10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

mine is like an inch longer! all my frnds used to pity my non-existant hubby at that tym. lol...

3 people like this.