1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

mangalsutra

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by slg2011, Dec 4, 2011.

1. slg2011

slg2011 New IL'ite

my mother-inlaw sent a mangalsutra to me since we got married here in us. i wear everday but husband wanted to get necklace for me but i said no since i only wear mangalsutra.i don't think it would be right to take it off since there is significance to wearing it but is there a way to wear another necklace with it? what should i do about this situation-i think my husband had his heart set on getting necklace for present for me

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Dear,
    You can always wear a necklace along with mangla sutra or Thali chain as long as it is long.
    Is yours short or long?
    If it is short you can always add the length. Make it such that it falls bellow your chest.
    When you wear western clothes or Indian clothes you can always put it inside your dress and pin both ends of the pendant to bra . This will give you room to make the chain stay far from your neck closer to bra straps and
    you can wear any other chains or necklace around the neck.

3. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

Why, I cannot is why are you saying that you cannot wear any necklace with mungalsutra .Go watch some hindi serials you will get idea.{never say no when your hubby is ready to buy you a necklace }

1 person likes this.
  4. slg2011

slg2011 New IL'ite

I wasn't sure as it is short. I tried to wear another necklace with it once but it didn't work out so I thought that I wouldn't be able to wear other necklaces as well. my husband understands about me wearing the necklace instead of others-I think he was thinking of getting a necklace for a christmas present for me as he was asking which necklace I liked. I don't want to do anything that would offend family so I am nervous about what to do.