1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mama’s Boys

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, May 8, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mama’s Boys

Today is mother’s Day ? Well the Sunday magazine section of the newspapers were all about it. What caught my eye was about the sons and mothers pics, and moms saying what all they did for their famous kids.

Yuvraj Singh, the cricketer, if u will notice , never talks about his Dad, but always about his mom, and how she is the pillar of strength for him, and that he is all he is bcs of his mother. His parents long separated. I remember I read somewhere, that Yuvraj was a skating champion, when he was 12, and his dad being an ex cricketer, played in only 1 Test match, and dropped after that, wanted to take revenge, and make his son a cricketer.

He forced his son to take cricket, and yuvi was a right handed batsman, father forced him to be a left hander, for they aer short in the Indian team. And the results are there for all to see.

And to give the credit to the mom eh, Dad relegated to the dustbin !

Another Mama’s boy is Bhansali, who made Guzarish, . He has not married yet, I am sure he is 40 plus, and he says he loves his mom very much, and hard to find another woman like her.

I guess these kind of men have not yet cut off the umbical cord with the mother yet. The mother rules the roost, and still feeds the son his choice of food, and knows what my son will wear when !

And such moms fear that a a DIL will come , and take over the house and the son, and she will lose her hold over her son. That is if they will live in the same house. So the choice of the girl is done by the mother, who will remain under her thumb, and she then can control both her DIL and her son !

I read somewhere , Yuvraj’s mother has a big hold on Yuvi, and she must first approve the girl. Now wonder he has not yet found the right one. For flings , Deepika’s and others are fine, but for commitment, well it is the mother all right who will have the final say.

Girls these days, when scouting for a prospective groom, always ask about the size of the family, and the bigger the family, the least interested they are, as are the girl’s parents, however good the boy is, or however well place the boy may be,

Most girls prefer a Photo MIL, one is is dead and hanging on the wall in a photo frame, with a garland on her ! When u have a choice to choose, why not ! Another preference is lesser siblings, and if the boy is the only child, then he becomes a prize catch these days, and all the more so, if he stands to inherit the house and other assets after the father conks off ! And a FIL is easier to handle for the ladies than the MIL !!!!

I know someone, a couple who go abroad to stay with their son and family, once every two years, for 6 months at a stretch, can u imagine the strain on the son and wife.They are happy, both are working, the MIL needs fresh food, not the stale refrigerated food, where the hell that is going to come from, then piping hot chappatis, and she will poke her nose around that this is not right, u are wasting this and that, and that makes the dIL wish, that these people go back fast, so she can live a normal life once again.

The problem with many mothers, is that the son and wife, live according to their dictates, follow religious days even abroad, like Satnarayan, where u don’t eat nonveg, how is it possible really ?

The major problem comes when the Husband dies, and the Mother now cant stay alone and wants now the son to take care of her, meaning she wants to shift to his home. If she does, it is hell for the DIL, for now she is accountable to the old lady for all her actions.

A dicey situation really, for u cant tell an old woman to stay alone, nor can u send her to the old age home, even if a plush one, and the wife dosnt want her, so at times I have seen them rotating the old lady between her children who are spread all over the globe.This way each gets a equal share of Hell !

What I cant understand is this. Why cant the lady stay alone, what is wrong in it. Have servants to take care of u, for that u need money, she must be having, or her sons can send her something every month, it is their duty after all, so she can live in comfort, and they can give her a mobile, speak to her everyday, and keep her happy.

And make neighbors happy, whenever u come from abroad, or wherever, bring a bottle of Whiskey or wine for them, chocolates, and a fewothe things, so that they will always be around in case of an emergency, since none of the siblings are close by. This is one thing many don’t do, it does not cost much, but most don’t do it .

So on this mother’s day, I suppose mother’s must learn that one day they may be old, and widowed, but they must keep money aside for their old age, and its associated problems like sickness, and pray for strength to be independent, and live in peace with themselves , neighbours and friends, keep busy with blogging too, and tell their tales to us, and let the sons, and the DIL’s too be happy .

For the umbical cord has to be cut one day, for the son now has a wife who will take care of him.

What say ????

KAMAL MAHTANI

Mrs.Bin Laden ( All 40 of them) just updated their status on Face Book to “ SINGLE” !!!

Boy got rejected & Girl got selected in an interview for the same reason.

Both had one button of their shirt open in front of the jury !!!

DESI DARU MOVIES

Bunty aur Batli

Rum de Basanti

Soda Akbar

Jab we Tun

Rab ne pila di Thodi

Kisse mein hai kitna Rum

Hum Tight ho chuke Sanam !!!

Friend is Asian paints
    Jo Duniya Badal Dale !

Girl friend is Everest Masala
    Jo taste mein Best

Wife is mosquito Coil
    Jo kone kone se Dhoonde Mare !

Which is the most dangerous alphabet ?

W

Bcs all Worries , why what when where, war, whiskey women start with W

And finally

Wife

A man donated blood a 1000 times, and created a record.

So the blood bank people gave a prize to his wife saying

Aap ne nahi piya,
    Issi liye humne liya !!!!

Height of happiness

A boy got a job in the Girls hostel
    After two months owner asks the boy, why have u not taken yr salary

Boy – (Surprised) – I will be getting a salary also !!!!!!

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji,

Happy Mother's Day to Mrs. Kamalji.

You are so funny and 100% right. I have two grown up unmarried sons and cut the cord long time back. I am trying my best not to get involved int their life.

I neve rforget your advice. We must save money for lour old age. I see lots of parents here to help the kids. It is hard on them. Young people don't understand their longing for their Home. It is best to support the parents and get help here to look after the children. Otherwise, it is hard on everyone.

I like your English jokes since I don't know Hinid.

Have a wonderful day!!!!
    CL

3. iluvpeace

iluvpeace Senior IL'ite

Dear K-ji

You bluffed so much about the MIL that you literally made the FIL to a photo frame !! :)

Mrs.Bin Ladens-the oldies and the youngies if any would be much obliged to Obama!!!
    .......OBAMA killed OSAMA...how FUNNY !!!

The most dangerous Alphabet would be "YOU and YOU" only(not me),which adds a DOUBLE U, reading "W"

Pinky

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

Only you could think up something so radical and practical on a day when so much money is spent on sentimentalizing mothers. God bless them, what would we do without them and where would we be without them, but you are absolutely right when you say that they must be more practical and learn to withdraw from the lives of their children leaving them space to grow. If they don't they will land up getting hurt and so it is for our generation of mothers to change and live and let live.

Your jokes too were very funny. :thumbsup

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear kamalji

your jokes are fantastic, binladens wife are now single, but there wont be any takers.

jokes apart, whatever u wrote is correct, but i think sometime at that age, who are not used to stay alone, get insecured or not able to adapt to the current situation and muster enough courage to stay alone. Also to certain extent our cultural upbringing plays some part wherein it is ingrained that son has to take care of parents.

But the current generations parents, i am sure, doesnt want to stay with their kids, yes we know it is our duty to educate our kids, but we also know, we dont have any right to expect anything from them.

6. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Have you all forgotten about the 'Father's Day'?:hiya....My daughter always makes toddler son to make something creative like cards and paintings or craft to be given to the father as gift!

It is only because of the greater degree of parenting is with the mother, it is glorified, though to the extent than necessary, given our culture.:wave:

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I suspect that Kamalji, all these days are nothing but inventions of businessmen like restaurant owners, greeting card and gift shops to make a pretty penny. Why do you need a day to show affection to any one dear to you be it your mother, wife , daughter or brother?

8. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

[SIZE=3[/B]]Most girls prefer a Photo MIL, one is is dead and hanging on the wall in a photo frame, with a garland on her ! When u have a choice to choose, why not ! Another preference is lesser siblings, and if the boy is the only child, then he becomes a prize catch these days, and all the more so, if he stands to inherit the house and other assets after the father conks off ! And a FIL is easier to handle for the ladies than the MIL !!!![/SIZE]

Kamalji,
    I couldn't control my laughter reading the first line from the above para.This issue is hot topic.Today young couples face many issue because of the emotional turmoil caused by MIL's. In secured feeling,over possessiveness,treating their son still as a child though might be the root cause,I wish they could change.As you say some saving for them & be more independent,realistic.It has taken more than a couple of years to understand that I have not come to prove myself to MIL but to lead a life with a wonderful person,though Im going to step into 4th year atleast now Im happy to realise it.To end "MIL is like party wear as you feel the other one got the best":rotfl

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Kamalji, certainly this is something to think about. I personally feel our parents are actually the sandwich generation. While they assumed the responsibility of their own parents/in laws, they also learnt to deal with nuclear families and children branching out to other shores more frequently than their previous generation. In the process of this learning and adapting, I think they kind of forgot that they needed to take care of themselves in their old age!! I am sure the situation is changing and more and more people are accepting and happy to be by themselves!

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear CL,

Well what can i say really, but from what i see around me.let me give u my Dad's example.

He expired , mom is alive, the flat she stays in with my two brothers and their families, the flat is in her name worth now crores. The export office too is in her name, the nominations done, so that she is rich while she is alive, Dad left her enough cash too to be comfoprtable.

Now niomination means , after her death will the property be given to those who aer nominated, till she is alive she is the boss.

So i speak from our own family example.and many of mom's friends , they are in dire straits for they gave away their money and property to their children, and are now illtreated by their kids.Sad, isnt it ?

i say what i look around me. i have two daughters, house in my name, after me, it will go to my wife, and after we both are no more, all will be half and half to my two daughters. But while we live, we live in comfrot, and AC, and whatever we desire.

And i dont think it is right to calll over parents to U SA to look after the kids, in a quid pro arrangment, the love for parents must be genuine, not that they will be taken care of, if they take care of the kids, and cook for the couple.that somehow is not right.

Thanks for the great FB.

Regards

kamal