1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Makeup must haves: LIPS,EYES and FACE

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by banuabida, Sep 30, 2009.

1. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

I wish to start a series of makeup must haves for skin care routine, lips, eyes etc. I hope you all appreciate my efforts! God...I cant wait to start!

I love lip products...though I dont use them much! I am like...buy more and use less, which obviously end up becoming useless in my collection! Otherwise, I love to collect lip products like lip balm, lip tint, lip therapy, lip gloss, lipstick...phewww! I have always been a die hard fan of lippies! Throw any lip product and I am happy to have that in my collection!

All the products mentioned here might be affordable and fit into our budgets! I am a bargain shopper and will always wait for the best deals! So...lets get started:

Lip balm/primer: They come in different flavours. This helps the stick or gloss slide off smooth without getting stuck. It helps prevent feathering. Balms come in a variety where you can wear them alone like the tinted ones.

Lip liner: Vital for professionals, I guess! Its something for your special days when you dont wanna mess up with your looks! If you are really not sure which liner goes well with your lipstick, you have clear/nude liners, which are almost invisible so that you can never ever go wrong! It acts as a fence for your lipstick!

Lipstick: I always choose my color family, so that I never get confused. I always prefer the plum family. I guess I have the same shade from almost every make.

Normally, people choose light neutral, dark neutral and red shades! The name of red lipstick itself gives me the jitters...so...red is a big NO-NO for me! My choice would always be nude and neutral! I think Plum is a neutral shade for me!

Light neutrals are almost nudes. You can flaunt nude lips with dramatic eyes! The more you concentrate on the eyes, the more nude should your lips look! I dont know if I can ever speak properly, excuse me! Dark neutrals give depth to your looks! Its something like "Hello...look at me...!"

Lipgloss: I do not prefer a coordinating lip gloss, as I always use gloss alone! If I have to use a lipstick, I prefer to use it alone rather!

I never thought of combining lipstick and gloss! I never want to combine them! I am scared if the real colour does not show up! May be, its just my imagination, I dont know!

Gloss comes in different forms and can be applied accordingly. Cylindrical bottles have a round or slant applicator wand. It is also known as a doe-foot applicator (our regular sponge-type). Some have a built-in brush. Tubes need finger assistance. Personally, I find doe-foot very easy and comfortable as it helps build more colour and is soft on lips!

Lip plumpers: They are supposed to give the volume and boost to your lips for that bee-sting look! Personally, I do not use them as I dont like the concept of plumping the lips! I hate that fat-lip-look on me. I feel they kinda tingle (irritating) and hence the swollen lips! The effect is not long lasting.

Lipcote: Lipcote is a lipstick sealer. It helps your lipstick stay put.

I never used this product, to be honest. But, it smells like alchohol and smells pungent. I know I sound controversial. Personally, I dont like glue on my lips. I dont know if its a glue-kind as it helps seal the colour. It retails for 3 pounds in UK, but not sure if it has reached India.

This might be a product for people who get mad to reapply their lip colour in the middle of the day or whatsoever. If somebody has ever tried this, please do a better review on this. Try this as a base for gloss??? Will it stand the test???

So, here are must haves for lips, though I do not like plumpers and sealers. I would really appreciate if you contribute your 2 cents on what are your must haves for your lips!

P.S: My next thing would be Makeup must haves: Eyes!

2 people like this.

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

re: Makeup must haves: LIPS,EYES and FACE

I have oriflame lipstick(Damson Crush) and a lip gloss from Lakme.I have a mint flavoured lip balm which gives me a feel of a "Mint Chutney":crazy.

I always trust "Himalayas Lip Balm" for cracked and chapped lips.IT IS THE BEST.

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear

you are lipstick crazy like me, i love buying lipsticks and i have the entire collection of Lakme and since you like nude shade lakem 2009 bridal sutra collection is excellent they have great nude shades, i love lip pencils, lip gloss and lip chromes,
    I have lakme, revlone, maybelline, lancome, bourjois, innoxa, pierre cardin, colobar. Infact my younger sis who wa in india last week got me the entire collection of the new lakme, i like trying out different shades and mixing them.
    I have the new lakme glide on lip lines all the colours.

so we can be great buddies for lipstick shopping:thumbsup

love
    alpa:cheers

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I too love lip make up than others, but didn’t know thigns like plumpers and sealers even existed. Thanks for the information. I have lip balm, lipstick and lip liners.Most of the days to work I give a base coat with balm and then apply lipstick or lip liner over them. I mainly use lip liner to fully color my lips than lining them ;)

5. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Raji,

First, let me tell you, I love your profile pic!!! Baby butt...so cute! :)
    I think you simply adore Oriflame! By now, you shud be the spokesperson and you could have done wonders! Being loyal to a brand is so difficult these days and I dont know if you ever bother to try anything else! Great going...GOD...you HEART Oriflame, dont ya?????

If you feel Oriflame is a bit underrated, why not do a review on what you came across? Please let everybody know, at least for those who do not use them! It might be helpful to some extent, right?

Whats that mint chutney anyway? Brings smile on my face! I never used Himalaya on my lips, but my sis does! I dont know why, but I dont like lip balm in tubes...and I think Himalaya comes in tubes. I love to apply balm from a pot/tub with my fingers...muuaaaa...

Thanks a bunch for your 2 cents!!!:cheers

6. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dearest Alpa,

We have something like "telepathy", I dont know I sound phenomenally parapsychic.Yesterday, I thought I will PM you, believe it or not. Every time I come across a lip product, I think of you. I just wanted to say "hi", anyways.

Entire range...why dont you do a review then? Like what colors looks good on dark, medium and fair tones...Even I started mixing colours and today also I found an awesome combo! Will come up soon with that, anyway and let you all know! Normally, I dont mix lipstick and gloss! I did something different today!

Yup, we are friends already...You can count on me! Nice to hear after a looong hiatus!

Thanks a bunch for your 2 cents!:cheers

7. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ami,

I have 2 lip liners from Maybelline and Revlon, which I never use. Dont even have to ask the colors...they are Burgundy and Rum& Raisin, I guess. In case I have to use them, I use lip balm underneath. They lie useless in my collection anyway...waiting for attention!

Thanks a bunch for your 2 cents!:cheers

8. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

My dearest Fiona,

Where are you? I disappear????? You must be joking! I am right here where I always was! God...I cant speak English! PR is keeping you flying these days??? GOD...I am so...happy for you!

When is your vacation, BTW? Seriously, waiting for you on yahoo/gmail...

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear DR,

I live for Oriflame as you say.It has definitely made wonders on me.Iam busy now a days and trying to find some time to write!

I understand your concern of applying lip balm from a pot.But tube is easy to squeeze and apply.No need to use hands.Iam a lazy girl BTW.

Mint chutney -- I hate to the core.Hence I hate that mint flavoured lip balm too..

I will be all ears when you tell me anything/everything about eye makeup..I still think I have beautiful eyes.:hide:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  10. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Count me too as a lippie ardent fan....

Have so much of lipsticks,lipgloss,lipbalm and lipliners always I give a new try recently i brought lakme lipgloss its awesome...

Loved the chewing gum smell....

hehehhehehehehehhe