1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Majnu's Love and Madhurakavi Azhwar!

Discussion in 'Posts in Regional Languages' started by varalotti, May 16, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

2. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear sir,

Great blog!!! All the stories you told here just awesome...

“Oh, dear, dear, there is nothing more spiritual than pure love. Who you love is not important. How you love is important.”

Such great words here.. Will never forget this...

So glad that I am first to comment here...

3. pgraman

pgraman Gold IL'ite

Hi varalotti sir

superb and thoughtful stories...

"In fact loving God is easy. Loving a form of God, I mean. Loving a picture, a stone or any other representation of God is pretty easy.

Loving a human being in flesh and blood, endowed with all human faults is very difficult."

what a true fact this is..

thank you
    ram

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Nicely narrated what love is and how it should be and where it is!
    Some incidents shared here shows..sometimes it is difficult to love bothersome mil or the neighbour..but it is possible only if we realise that we see Him in all...(but that is also difficult :) )
    This needs practice and remainders, which we are getting it through your blogs..:thumbsup:

sriniketan

5. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

sridhar sir,

of late my mind was disturbed seeing many ppl just pretending to be loving GOD.They offer god neivedhyam but hate to give a begger a morsel of food.they dont realise that serving a human or even animals with love is equivalent to serving god himself. to be frank my MIL belongs to that kind.

i vaguley remember a story my mother told me 15 yrs before. two ladies went to a swamiji to seek his blessings to conceive a baby. the swamiji gave a fruit each and said if one eats the fruit they'l surely conceive a baby.
    they both were about to eat the fruit and a small boy came running and asked the fruit.
    One lady was too harsh and ate the fruit herself. the other lady gave the fruit to the boy and loaded him with lots of kiss. (ucchi mugarnthu konjinal- english words nyabagam varala).
    At that time the sage came and said the harsh lady " u dont have the love of a mother and dont deserve to be a mother" he blessed the other lady.

My mom used to say me that "when u see ur neighbour's kid equal to ur kid and show equal love to both , only then u r a true mother".

I was happy reading ur post with same message.
    Thanks
    Gayathri

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear sir,

The love of madurakavi azhwar moved me to tears!! He refused the dharshan of the lord which the lord himself so lovingly offered, a dharshan for which greatest of great saints perform penance for years together! All he wanted was for his loved one to be happy!! what love... truely fantastic.

Thank you sir for starting off this week with such a wonderful thought "The object of love is not important; the quality and the intensity of love is."

Akila

7. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Very inspiring post on love ..especially you comfortably had driven home the message with these extremely powerful words:
    “The intensity of the love, its selflessness is important and not the object of love."

The anecdotes of Majnu and Madhurakavi Azhwar are like shimmering jewels,adding to the lustre and divinity of the post.

[​IMG]
    MADHURAKAVI AZWAR

Such thoughts as these cannot come out from ordinary persons like us; but, you and only you can spill out a noble one as this.

Regards and love,

Saras.

8. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Loved the Blog Sridhar...Narration about Madhura kavi azhwar was excellent !!!

GayuHarini - Loved that story !!! very nice..

9. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Did not know how to express my feelings after reading your blog. Excellent.The below lines attracted me a lot.
    and you have narrated in an excellent manner.

The object of love is not important; the quality and the intensity of love is.

10. jananb4u

jananb4u Silver IL'ite

Uncle..!!

“Oh, dear, dear, there is nothing more spiritual than pure love. Who you love is not important. How you love is important.”

Excellent truth..!!!

nice narration in your own style..!!!

loved to the core.!!

regards,
    Jans