1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love You Mummy

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by periamma, Feb 18, 2018.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Veena rushed to attend the landline call as it was ringing for a long time.She picked up the receiver and replied Hello Veena here ,may I know who is on the line .Hi Veena I am Preethi friend of Sumithra,chellam are you Sumi’s daughter?Veena said yes aunty .How are you aunty and where are you speaking from?Veena I am speaking from SouthAfrica.How are you all chellam?we are doing good aunty.Aunty I want to know more about my mummy.will you help me aunty?sure veena replied Preethi.

Now the question come out as a bunch.conversation follows between Veena and Preethi

Aunty are you my mom’s close friend?

Yes I am her close friend.we studied in the same school from kinder to school finals and again in the same college.

Oh very nice to hear aunty

Aunty whether my mummy was a chatter box or moody type

Baby she is neither a chatter box nor a moody girl .she is a normal girl but she gets irritated when someone talk ill of others.she ignore them and move away.she gets updated with latest news as her father compelled her to read news papers.we used to call her BBC as she shares everything with us.

Which is her favourite colour aunty?

Sky blue is her favourite .Her dresses are mostly with blue shadows.

Oh my sweet mummy.I love you ma.

Sorry aunty one more question.what about her interest in music?Melody or Fast beats

Veena she likes melody in music.Now this is my turn to ask you a question.Are you going to give a surprise gift to your mummy?what’s the reason for gathering details about your mom?call your mummy I want to congratulate her for having an affectionate daughter like you.

Aunty She is no more .she died when I was three years old.i want to know about her from a person who knows her well other than my grand parents and Dad.My dad said she is a lovely girl and that’s why God has taken her at the very young age.I Love you mummy.

Preethi cried and said my hugs to you Veena chellam .what a maturity at this age and you are a gifted child baby.I am totally shatterd and can’t speak more ma.

It’s ok aunty thanks for giving details about mummy.Aunty have you not contacted my mummy after marriage?why this long gap?

Veena it was hard to get communicated from the place where I lived.Now I have moved to another location which has more communication facilities.That’s why such a long gap chellam .

Ok aunty when you come to India please come to our house.I will be happy to see my mummy’s friend.

Sure Veena I will come as I want to see an angel like you.May God bless you baby and convey my regards to your grand parents.

Thanks for calling aunty .Bye now see you soon.

(Readers this happened before the advanced technology in communications.No whatsapp or any other social media)

sindmani, knbg, SCSusila and 4 others like this.

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Nice one maa. Enjoyed reading

periamma likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@periamma

Just this morning I was thinking about the excitement we would feel whenever we received a letter or a phone call. Now with the technical advancement, we are always in touch with our loved ones but we have lost that excitement of waiting. Wonder what new technology will be there in the next 10-20 years. But there can be no technology to communicate with the dear departed:(

I remembered your older post which was also on communication.

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls Thank you Lakshmi

5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap Thanks ma.so kind of you to remember my older post.very true Technology can't help us to communicate with the departed souls.

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Mistt and sumalynux like this.
  7. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Very nice and touching story .
    Gently tugging at heartstrings.

periamma likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@SCSusila Thanks for your sweet comments