1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love -- Oj's Witless Brevity 6

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

kaniths, vaidehi71 and ojaantrik like this.
  2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Lathasav. Loved your response to us!!

oj

Lathasv likes this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear OJ sir,
    I am very poor in Mathematics. Geometry, Alzebra...any maths. So, I would not go into it.
    All I can understand is there are x number of women and men in love. IN what combination....beyond my imagination. One thing I can say....love is infinity, of course, very illogical, blind , love to the level of lunacy sometimes and what not.
    Something about the theme as Vaidehi mentioned.....
    There is a famous Telugu writer Viswanatha Satyanarayana (Jnanpith award winner) wrote a book by name Ekaveera. Era of kings and queens. Two men and two women(they are all prince and princesses) love. Let us say A loves B and C loves D. But due to various circumstances beyond their control A marries C and B marries D. The two men are thickest friends. Everyone feels frustrated after marriage when they know about this four pillar game (we used to play as kids) and all of them die in the end after a lot of trauma and sadness. The story ends.
    Syamala

Lathasv, ojaantrik and vaidehi71 like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Okay Oj-da after reading your post, not liking the idea of a quadrilateral going in loops/circles (?) I just think it should go simply in a straight line (a --->b ----> c---->......) and then it can weave itself in to circles and make a seat of itself like Hanuman did....telling us there really is nothing more than love, reciprocated or not! What say?

Lathasv and ojaantrik like this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear OJ
    I met a swamiji in Thiruvannamalai who lived outside the famous temple there. People told me that he was a lorry driver in his 'Purvashrama'. One day, some 20 years back, he just abandoned his lorry in the road and came and settled near the Temple. He had not uttered a word since then and has attained the name of 'Mouna Swami'. His beard touched the ground virtually. All his conversations with his followers are only through signs and he has even a couple of interpreters who would tell us the import of his signs. Many consider him as a mystic and the number of his devotees has increased from a trickle to a few hundreds when I saw him last.

At my last visit to him, I paid my respects to him and he blessed me. Then he slapped his chin and asked me to copy it by slapping my own chin. When I did it, he slapped himself again and asked me to repeat it. We did this for three times and he started laughing. He laughed so much that all those assembled started laughing too. Suddenly he gave us all a stern look and the laughing stopped abruptly. The assembly started discussing the meaning of his queer action with utter devotion! One stood up and addressed us saying that the Swamiji had just shown us how our actions and reactions landed us in a never ending chain of births and deaths! Swamiji continued to look stern and even a bit indifferent, I returned back to my place scratching my head!
    Sri

ojaantrik, iyerviji, knbg and 2 others like this.
  6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ da,
    Your writings always open new vistas....it was haiku a few years back and now this technique of involving the reader and giving a workout to our grey cells...in the process pulling out some deeply buried memories and impressions too....
    Thank you....:worship2:

ojaantrik likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I dont know whether this story will fit in here but just thought of sharing. You might have heard this story
    A very loving couple have been married for over 10 years without any child and
    it was becoming their 11th year. Steve and Sarah stayed with each other and greatly hoped that they will have a child before their 11th year of marriage runs out because they were under persuasion from friends and family members to get a divorce .
    but they couldn’t let go because of the strong bond of love between them.
    Months passed and one day, while Dave was returning from work, he saw his wife walking down the road with a man.

The man had his arms around her neck and they looked very happy.
    For over a week, he saw the same man with his wife at various places and one evening, while Dave was returning from work he saw the man drop her off at the house after giving her a kiss on the cheek. Dave was angry and sad.
    Two days later, after a hectic day at work, Dave was taking water with a glass jug from the dispenser when the phone rang.
    He picked it up and the person said,”Hello dear, I’ll be coming to your house this evening to see you as promised. I hope…..”.

Dave hung-up the phone. It was a male voice and he was sure the person was the man he had always seen her with. He suddenly became shaky with the thought that he has lost his
    wife to another man. The glass jug fell from his hand and shattered into pieces.

His wife came running into the room asking,”Is everything okay?”. In anger he gave his wife a push and she fell. She wasn’t moving or getting up.
    Dave then realized that she fell where he broke the glass jug.

A large piece of glass had pierced her. He felt her breath, pulse and heartbeat but there she lay lifeless. His wife was dead! In total confusion, he saw an envelope in her hand.

He took it, opened it and was shocked by its content -it was a letter. It reads:
    “My loving husband, words cannot express how I feel so,

I had to write it down. I have been going to see a doctor for over a
    week and I wanted to be sure before I give you the news.

The doctor confirmed it that I am pregnant with a twin and our baby is due 2 months from now. The same doctor is my long lost brother whom I lost contact with after our marriage. He has promised to take care of me and our baby and give us the best
    without collecting a dime.

He also promised to have dinner with us today.
    I am putting this on your favorite chair in the sitting room for you
    to remember the day you proposed to me and I had to write to you saying,

“Yes” because I was so happy. Thanks for staying by my side”. -Your loving wife .
    The letter fell from his hand. There was a knock at the door and the same man he had seen with his wife came in and said, ”Hello Dave, I suppose I’m right. Its Max the brother of your wife and……”. Suddenly, Max noticed his sister lying in a pool of her blood.
    He rushed her to the hospital and she was confirmed dead. Her twin baby gone.

Message OF THE STORY
    - We should not be too quick to take unnecessary actions in our relationship or marriage when we havn’t questioned our partner or spouse on what we saw or heard about them.
    - Each of us have our faults. We shouldn’t be too fast to decide the judgement of others.
    Have you thought of that thing you are doing wrong that no one sees?
    - Not everything you see, hear or believe about someone is true.

VaniVyas and vaidehi71 like this.
  8. ojaantrik

Dear shyamala1234,

Yes, that's very well put. There are x number of people who have found themselves in a mess, if I understand their situation correctly. And no one knows where to go from there. You don't need to bring in geometry or algebra to figure out the hearts of love lorn people. I don't think I should say anymore than this. Let people imagine whatever they wish to. They may enjoy, hate, feel indifferent or confused. But I managed to tell a story nonetheless I think.

About stories ending. If the story ended, why did you tell me the story? When something ends, it does not exist anymore. I feel that in this vast universe nothing ends. Nothing will ever end. End is an illusion.

oj

Lathasv, kaniths and vaidehi71 like this.
  9. ojaantrik

What a lovely comment Srama. I told you didn't I, that the kids keep me alive. You have put it so beautifully.

Is this so difficult to understand? May be it is hard to understand, but is it hard to feel? If I haven't felt it, then I have not lived.

Once again, wonderfully put. You kids keep me alive.

oj-da

Lathasv and Srama like this.
  10. ojaantrik