1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love is - part viii

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by VIJAYALAKSHMI06, Dec 23, 2013.

1. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

VIJAYALAKSHMI06 Platinum IL'ite

LOVE IS - VIII

Love is . . .

Love is - i

Love is - ii

Love is - iii

Love is - iv

Love is - v

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/241905-love-is-vi.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/241986-love-is-vii.html

September 6, today was my birthday. I got wishes from all my friends and parents.

I even got blessings from my in laws, but still he didn’t wish me. I was expecting for his wishes till afternoon. I couldn’t wait, so I myself called him. But in vain, he didn’t attend my call. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

I didn’t go to college. My parents also didn’t ask the reason. I was just looking in to my mail. There was a mail from him. I opened it eagerly. It was a poetry written for me.

My fingers automatically dialed his numbers but it was not answered. I would have read those lines more than 30 times. Then around 2 in afternoon I received the call form him.

‘Happy birthday dharan’. I have no words to tell him. ‘Are you there on line? Sorry you have tried to my mobile so many times but I had an interview today. In a hurry I left the mobile in home. Just now I returned”

Yes I do remember that today there is a campus drive in our college. I didn’t even wish him all the best. I felt guilty.

I replied ‘I am sorry too. I forget that you have interview today. Did they tell the result.’

He said ‘yes and can you come home today .My parents like to celebrate your birthday here.’

‘Ok’

‘Then bye will meet you evening’.

He didn’t tell about the result of the interview .May be he had not got selected .That’s why he didn’t like to talk about that.

Evening I and my parents went to his home. They have bought a lovely mousse cake with my favorite strawberry topping on it for me.

My in laws presented me a new dress. Then as usual my mother and MIL went for cooking and dad and DIL for their party leaving us alone.

He came near me with a small gift wrapped box. He gave it to me.
    There was a label on that. I was expecting something will be written as my dear wife or at least my dear. But nothing was written on that. I opened; it was a beautiful diamond ring. It was so cute. I thanked him. He gave a pleasant smile and then I asked him to put the ring for me and he did so. I was in cloud nine at that moment.

I had no topic to speak so I thought of asking about his interview.

‘How was the interview? Did they ask many questions?’

He replied ‘Yes it was good, I got selected. But I am not going for job’

I got shocked. Is he mad.May be the salary might be low. I triggered him ‘Why aren’t you going? Do you feel that salary is low?’

He said ‘No, There is one more important reason for that .Leave that say something else.’

I was silent. He started again ‘Can I ask you something. Can you sing a song for me?’

I didn’t expect this, but I sang my favorite song from Alaipayuthe,”Snehithane Snehithane Ragasiya Snehithane . . . “.

I could see that he rejoiced the song sung by me and after that we had our dinner and parted for the day.

Next day in college my friends asked me to give treat for my birthday. They told that we can go out for a movie then to any restaurant. I too agreed.

But our bad luck we had the practical classes so we weren’t in the situation to go out. My friends forced me to come. So I bunked the classes for the first time and went through the back side of our college. To escape from the college, we had to cross over a fence.

When I tried to jump I tripped down and got scratches in my hand and leg. My friends were shocked. Then they took me directly to my home. My mom was startled and wept on seeing me in such a situation, she cleaned my hands and leg with Dettol and applied medicine on that. My friends left back and they felt very guilty.

I went to my room to take rest .Evening Rithik came home. I heard his voice and got up. He came to my room after talking to my parents.

As usual he came and started scolding, which irritated me. Oh my god …Why is he scolding me always, even though in this situation. I hate him. He took me to doctor even though I refused that. How arrogant!!!

My life went on with oscillations. At times I liked him but sometime I hate him.

Finally Rithik got a job a in our native itself ,after a year of job hunting in various campus drive and I was also busy with my final year projects.

And the day came when Rithik . . .

To Be Continued

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    8 people like this.

2. LindaSenorita

LindaSenorita Senior IL'ite

3. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

Thnks Senorita :thankyou2:

4. induarc2013

induarc2013 Bronze IL'ite

:wowi was waiting for your post since morning.. its very nice as usual.

5. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

Thnks Indu. :thankyou2:So sweet of u dear, that you had waited from morning for my post. :2thumbsup:

6. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

You are maintaining the suspense for every upcoming episode... :)

Enjoying the story..

7. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

what a lovely episode viji..... waiting for next episode

8. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

Thnks Rachaputi.:thankyou2:He he he... Will post the next part today.

9. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

viji.......hmm suspense and also it is very small dear please post a lengthy one

10. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Nice episode...
    Waiting for the next post.

Shanti