1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love at First Sight!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AkilaMani, Jul 27, 2009.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It happened when I had least expected it.

I was returning home from school with my brothers that day and as we parked our cycles, we saw that the door was closed, something that had never happened before. My mom would always keep the door open for us. We also saw that there was a paper stuck to the door.

Curious, we went near to read, it read “welcome home to our new family member.” Excited we ran in and found my mom sitting on the floor wearing a pale pink saree with white flower pattern on it and my dad walked out of the bedroom freshly changed from his office clothes. “Where, where ??” we shouted in excitement. “Why don’t you find out for yourselves” suggested dad. We ran from room to room, checked even the kitchen and the backyard, but couldn’t find. We came back and said “we give up, please tell us.” My mom smiled and pointed to her lap.

There it was, sleeping on my mom’s lap, just as pink and white as her saree. It was a week old pup, so tiny, so soft. His paws, nose, lips and ears were pink. His fur was bright white. He yawned showing his bright pink tongue, shivered all over, and opened his eyes, soft honey brown eyes. I was in Love. It was love at first sight, for all of us.

2. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Once upon a time I loved those cuties .I wanted play, cuddle and enjoy the innocent look in their eyes and tried having a pup which we could keep only for 4 days. Now the interest has waned. Like watching frm a distance

Has pup grown? what did you name him?

3. AkilaMani

Hi manchitra,

yes, he grew up to be a lovely dog. we named him jerry.... though he is no more, he still lives in our hearts.....

4. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

You brought back the memories of my dog which I had as a child.
    My son keeps on asking us for the same but what to do..both me and my DH feel that for to keep a dog one must have some open space.
    And we do not feel it is the right thing to keep themin our own rooms, as the vet in our family...my BIL...tells that the diseases of human beings if infect the dog they can be cured , but not the vice versa. The dose required to treat us of their infections..if we get it....can not be administered to us .
    So we are waiting to stay in our own house where we can build something for the doggy and keep one.

5. AkilaMani

so true muzna.... dogs do need open space. We had lots of it and our dog, Jerry, had the run of the whole neighbourhood (there were only a handfull of houses then), what more, our neighbours loved him!!

I guess, the consciousness about infections was not that high then, because my dad never objected to having him inside the house. since Jerry was seldom leashed, he had the run of the whole house except for the kitchen. but yes, now that we know that there is a possiblity of infections, it is better to keep it in a little doggie house. All the best for you new house and the new doggie.

6. ankitkaran

ankitkaran Bronze IL'ite

We too had dogs in our small house of one room. When we had to shift to another town we took them too. They are no more but just like you said in our hearts they live forever.

7. AkilaMani

Dear Kiran,
    Nice to know that you too had dogs, they are the best companions giving unconditional love.