1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lost sense of smell completely after a viral attack

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by joi, Feb 6, 2012.

1. joi

joi New IL'ite

Hey friends, I have lost my sense of smell for over six months now after a viral fever attack. Has anyone experienced the same and got relief. Had been to an ENT and a Neuro but no concrete answers from them that I will get back my perception of smell again. Please share your remedy and will be happy to give a try.

Thanks

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Joi,

[​IMG] to IL Health Forum.

This is quite common. The period may vary in individual cases. I have suffered this for more than one month once. So don't worry. Just keep steaming adding eucalyptus oil twice a day. Heat a tawa and place a rolled out towel over it and apply the heat on your nose & also take deep breath of that hot air by place it on your nostrils. Have a tea by boiling little jaggery, dry ginger powder & pepper and have it as it is. Never blow your nose with force. Do it gently. Don't keep taking deep breath to smell a stuff. Give your nose sometime and they will be back in action automatically. Best wishes for a speedy recovery :)